New to Site, Tablet, Android

georistian

Jan 19, 2014
Hello all,

I have a Sophix tablet (Android) I am brand new to the world of tablets and androids. The cell phone I have is as absolutely basic as it comes so I dont even have experience in that department! I bought my son a Sophix tablet for Christmas and supposedly I can add a mini sd card to store apps on..well I bought a card, the tablet shows that there is a card in there but I cant seem to transfer any of his apps to the card. When I go into the apps I already clicked the "move to SD card" option and if I go back into the app it has a "Move back to Tablet" option. However, his internal Memory keeps getting smaller and smaller while the SD card that is supposed to have all the apps moved to it still shows all of its memory. He is not able to download any more apps without getting rid of ones he already has. This question may have already been asked, I really tried to search but seriously its kind of like reading a foreign language to me, so I am sorry if this has been answered and I just didnt find it.

Anyway if anyone knows what I need to do I would really appreciate some help with this issue because its extremely frustrating. :mad:

Thanks so much

Terrie

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Terrie , congratulations on that new Sophix tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets.

An External Micro SD Card is and always was intended as space to store your media files. Books, pictures, videos, movies, music files etc. are what you should be putting there.

There's an app, App2SD, that supposedly can move apps to the SD card. It didn't work on any of my tablets, but you can give it a try if you want. Amazon.com: App2SD - Save internal storage: Appstore for Android