New to the site, New to tablets, Looking for a Tablet thats run netflix smoothly.

chad2104

Dec 4, 2011
Hi there, I am looking for a Tablet that runs Netflix Smothly. I work 3rd shift and sit in an office all nite, right now I play netflix on my laptop (build for gaming), while I doing my 2hr worth of paper work on the companys computer. Im looking to run netflix on a tablet so I can use my laptop for gaming after I'm done with my paper work. The companys computer sucks no netflix, no games. I am lucky if I can watch utube on it. SO I would use the Tablet for reading, movies, music and a little web browing here and there. Possibly Mapping (I hike just about every weekend in spring summer and early fall.) but not important, after all I do have a good laptop and upgrading to an even better one next year.
I have an HTC wildfire, so I am familar with the android OS up intill 2.3.3. I just bought two of the Nook color tablets for my daughter and wife. Not sure how they work! (Still in the box, they have to wait unill XMas.)

Thank you for you time and input.

Chad2104

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Chad, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here as a member of Android Tablets. Ordinarily I'd suggest you go to the Android Tablet Discussions for "shopping" information when looking for a new tablet, but you've already pretty much spelled out what you're looking for right here. So, I'm going to move this thread over there for you. When you get there, also look at the threads already posted to get a feel for what's available and post any additional question you may have right there. Good luck hunting for that "perfect" tablet.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi there, I am looking for a Tablet that runs Netflix Smothly. I work 3rd shift and sit in an office all nite, right now I play netflix on my laptop (build for gaming), while I doing my 2hr worth of paper work on the companys computer. Im looking to run netflix on a tablet so I can use my laptop for gaming after I'm done with my paper work. The companys computer sucks no netflix, no games. I am lucky if I can watch utube on it. SO I would use the Tablet for reading, movies, music and a little web browing here and there. Possibly Mapping (I hike just about every weekend in spring summer and early fall.) but not important, after all I do have a good laptop and upgrading to an even better one next year.
I have an HTC wildfire, so I am familar with the android OS up intill 2.3.3. I just bought two of the Nook color tablets for my daughter and wife. Not sure how they work! (Still in the box, they have to wait unill XMas.)

Thank you for you time and input.

Chad2104
Hello Chad. welcome to the forum. maybe you can have a look at our: Android Tablet PC.
And which size of tablet would you prefer? if you can accept a 10", i think the Zenithink C91 will be a good choice! hope you'll like it...:)

chad2104

Dec 4, 2011
Hello Chad. Welcome to the forum. Maybe you can have a look at our: Android Tablet PC.
And which size of tablet would you prefer? If you can accept a 10", I think the Zenithink C91 will be a good choice! Hope you'll like it...

#1 to my understanding the Zenithink is a Chinese tablet, not to big on the idea of buy a Chinese tablet.

#2 I have been looking at the Acer forms, and looking at the a500. One problem I can’t find it anywhere, and now best buy has taken it off their website, does this mean the a500 will no longer be available? If this is the case, am I better off getting the A100 or waiting until the A200 comes out (not listing the price is making me nervous)? Should I just look into a whole new tablet?
(Update: best buy took the 8g off line. The 16 and 32 are still avaliable!) That being said I could just save a little more and get the 16g what are your thoughts?

I was also thinking of grabbing a Coby Kyros MID7012-4G, until I can make up my mine! To my understanding I would have to root for Netflix is this true? If it is true how easy is it to root? I have never rooted anything before, but would like to learn. And do not wish to learn on a device that I will be using long term until I feel comfortable rooting. Is there other cheap tablet that is easyer to root or already has netflix? (None Chinese)

Thank you for your time,

Chad

Last edited:

chad2104

Dec 4, 2011
I decided to go with the a100, I order the tablet online from Wally for 250. When i went to pick it up, They did not have anymore, (after charging) for some reason the lady called me stupid. When I got home I told the wife what happened she called spoke to a manager and got the a500 w/16 with 50 Dollars off and I don't think the lady has a job anymore.

Netflix runs great, growing is fast and easy. And this thing can do way more then I ever though. Any tips or tricks I should know? I'm trying to stay away from rooting. I think when I get extra cash I'm going to pick up a $100 tab and mess with rooting.

Thank you,
Chad2104

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Sounds like you owe your wife a dinner. :) Hang out in the Acer forum and you will get lots of tips. I like your idea about getting a cheap tablet to try rooting on.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum