New UK User Needing Help Wiith Greek Android Tablet

Davida1956

Dec 28, 2013
Hi to all you techies out there, hope you had a good Christmas. I have what to me as a new tablet user is a massive problem and I have no idea what to do. I recently purchased 3 android tablets from Greece When I got it everything was in Greek, no problem I eventually translated it and it is now running in English .... BUT ..... There is an App on it called SlideME Market and from what I understand this is the Greek equivalent to the Google App Store. I can't access Google Apps or playstore to download anything for the children as it tells me that I do not have an android device. I can only assume that this App is built into the firmware and that it needs to be replaced with a UK version maybe. I haven't got a clue what I need to do in order to put a normal android OS on the device. Can anybody out there please help and guide me. I can only hold the children off for so long !! :) Thanks guys.

These are the details I see when looking at the device information....It is made by Crystal Audio Video and they run Android 4.04 with baseband version 1.6rc1 the model number is Crystal Audiovideo TAB-71 Kernel version 3.08+ ljx@software #66 that's about all I can find without help.... looking forward to a reply :)

:confused:

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
SlideMe is an alternative app store to the Google Play store; it is not confined to Greece. Do not know why you can't access the Play Store unless the tab actually is not an android device. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will see this and offer help. BTW, welcome to the site.