Editor in Chief
- Jan 5, 2011
Here's some bright news today. For beta testers of the new Chameleon Launcher, you might be pleased with their newest update. Not only does it bring a host of new fixes and features, it also includes something users have been clamoring for, new widgets! The new update takes it to beta 0.8.0, and even enhances the performance and smoothness. Here's the changelog:
- Added Facebook, Time and Switches widgets.
- Reduced application pause and resume time.
- Additional crash/freeze fixes.
- Launcher and App Tray improvements.
- Widget backgrounds now extend to the bottom of the screen.
- Overhauled Widget SDK OAuth APIs and added more Widget APIs.
- Several minor tweaks, fixes and improvements to general usability.
- GMail widget sometimes not working as expected.
- There aren’t enough widgets (we just added 3, and more are on their way).
- Widgets appearing blank (widget is still there, but no content is displayed).
- Widgets being drawn twice in the same area (text doubling).
- Chameleon can take a long time to start (this has been improved, and will get better with subsequent updates).
- Chameleon restarts when connecting/disconnecting from dock.
- Chameleon not working with ROM “X” (our current focus is on maximizing compatibility with official Android versions and tablets).
Source: Chameleon Blog and Google Play Store