Newbie Day One Guide - How To Start With Your Android Tablet

HipGnosis

Mar 31, 2012
Really? I mean REALLY!?!?! I must be a 'super newbie' - because I don't have a smart phone? But I am a professional PC tech (for 15+ yrs).
I just don't see how you can consider rooting as part of a 'day-one-guide'.
Yes, I WILL root my tablet. But... FIRST I want to see how the OEM OS works - so I can tell how great the new OS is!!
I'm still looking for an android tablet newbie guide; stuff like scrolling, pinching, un-pinching (or whatever it's called), why some apps auto install, what to do when an app force closes...

iant

May 2, 2012
Hi HipGnosis
The point you make is a good one Have you found any other guide material covering what you want?
Ian

jamesanalyst

Jun 11, 2012
Hi,
The guide looks very informative and useful for new users. I think you really visualized as a beginner and given this. It helps newbie's greatly..Thx keep posting..

Regards,
James

rbryanp

Apr 13, 2013
GREAT STUFF!!! It reminds me of a Newbie Primer I wrote for the forum on which I was a moderator for a while. I am a cigar enthusionado. I have been enjoying cigars for over 10 years. I wanted to give back to the cigar community, for all the help I received as a Newb', so I wrote, "The Newbie's Cigar Primer" and posted it on a few cigar forums. I wrote it from the aspect of having all of these questions when I was a Newbie that I complied along with questions that had been frequently asked by other Newbies.

Contrary to what was opined in regard to "rooting" not necessarily being material to include as part of a Newbie Primer for Android devices, I appreciate the inclusion of "rooting" in the "Newbie Day One Guide". While researching which Android tablet to purchase, I came across dozens of references to "rooting", and wondered how it applied to an Android device. I agree that it might not be first timer material...in this case it isn't. But I agree with it being mentioned and defined based on the questions that were raised while I was looking into Android devices. So now I know, and I have a better idea of what it is used for.

Thank You for your efforts on behalf of Android Newbies everywhere! :)

V/R,
Bryan