NEWBIE "Old Fossil" with Big Lots Android D2 Pad D2-912

Gibbs

May 11, 2013
Bought a tablet at Big Lots in Holland, MI last week and find it intersting. I build computers and dink around a lot on one here and at work, having built all the computers at work. This Android is kind of reminding me of UNIX as we have an old SCO Unix server at work and it needs to "mount" drives and devices, etc.

Came into this forum to learn and browse. Maybe even send a help in what I have learned along the way.

This tablet is pretty nice. Only thing I wish it had dual cameras and since I am a photographer with a Nikon D80 camera and multiple lenses I can honestly say that the camera on here is crap. It would do in a very very last pinch.

Now I need to do a search and see if I can find out if one can use a car cig adapter to run or charge the unit while traveling down the road. My wife reads a lot of e-books and it would be nice if she could read without draining the battery.

Vern

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Vern, congratulations on your new D2 Pad and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets, and glad to hear you're planning to help out when you can. Enjoy your tablet and the forum!