Newbie questions on Arnova 10

davjones

Jun 11, 2011
Hi -

I'm about as new to the subject of tablet PCs as anybody can be. I'm thinking of buying something like an Arnova 10 for my 88-year-old father, but not to use it for its intended purpose.

He's pretty internet-phobic, and I would like to send photos (I know this isn't a problem), and other files that would interest him, mainly .EMLs, PDFs, RTFs and probably some web pages in the form of .html files. Since this won't be connected to the internet, at least not at first, the main question is: Is it practical to use the thing by sending him such files on an SD card? Would this involve software other than what comes with it? Payware or freeware?

Secondly, will these work with ANY wireless router? Presumably I'd have to do some setup work here at the house before I could even give it to him, and I don't want to pay for some different connection for that temporary purpose.

In case you're thinking that a simple netbook PC would be a better fit to his use, I agree, but teaching him how to use Windows isn't something I'd look forward to. Touchscreen operation sounds much simpler....

Sorry for such basic questions but I have to start somewhere. Hope I have this in the fight place....

...Dave

lynnspiller7

Jan 5, 2012
i have my arnova 10g2 set up with my virgin media wireless router, i would think you could connect it to any wireless network by searching for the device through the settings as you would on your phone,

you could you use an app like dropbox, which can be found on the tablets applibs marketplace, you can set your computer and phone and his tablet to automatically sync the files you choose, to they can be viewed on his tablet - take a took at the dropbox web site or you could as you say put the files on an sd card

xx lynn