Newbie with 1st Tablet PC

squeekpress

Aug 17, 2011
I just received my tablet PC I purchased from ebay today in the mail. Its seems to run ok for what I paid for it but I was a little disappointed that it does not contain the google framework or the "real" android app market place. I intend to use this for everyday multimedia purposes such as email, web browsing, skype, facebook/twitter, & netflix. Through some simple searching on google I was able to download the latest android market app but it did not seem to work on my tablet. With further investigation I came across this site and saw a thread pertaining to updating the ROM or rooting the OS?? It seems that will make the tablet able to run the current version of the android marketplace in which I could download the apps I would like to use. If anyone could be of assistance in helping me achieve that I would be very grateful. Just for specifics I have included a link to an ebay listing that is the exact tablet that I purchased. Also on the box the model # states MID_M806S New MID M80006 Google Android 8" Touch Tablet PC~Black! | eBay

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi squeekpress, welcome to the forum. I'm moving your post to the Android Tablet Q&A section where someone should be able to ID your tablet.