newbie would like somehelp plesae

jonnyboy6970

Sep 14, 2012
hello,

i am new to android and i am trying to learn all about it and so far i understand that i have to root it but i cant find any info about my model
i have a hipstreet aurora
model #:hs-7dtb6-4gb
android version:4.0.4
baseband version:hs-gp707_20120830_1636
kernel:3.0.8
build number nuclear_gp707pub-eng4.0.4 imm76d20120830 test keys
please if someone can help me out thank you

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

My question is, why do you feel you "have" to root your tablet. You should have a good reason before even considering it.

matguitarist

Sep 14, 2012
Have you tried clear data and cache of google play ?
sometime it work , maybe you could tried market enabler too.

I remember fixing a similiar problem with that

matguitarist

Sep 14, 2012
Hi, my stepmother got one i try a couple of thing without succes the best thing you could do is install 1mobile market ( a good google market alternative with many app )
This device is already root ... i don't know why but you can install adaway set spu and couple of app who need root access without problem.

In 1mobile market check the setting install automatically who need root access. it work without complain about root right.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
i am trying to get google pay on the tablet

You said you were try to get Google "Play" on your tablet. As has been pointed out, if the app will work a root is not required, if the app isn't working a root won't help. You have it and it isn't working so a factory reset may allow it to work assuming you have cleared the cache and setting in the apps, force closed it and restarted your tablet.

So your original premise was incorrect to start with. Might as well start from scratch if it's that important.

canukie

Sep 15, 2012
hello,

i am new to android and i am trying to learn all about it and so far i understand that i have to root it but i cant find any info about my model
i have a hipstreet aurora
model #:hs-7dtb6-4gb
android version:4.0.4
baseband version:hs-gp707_20120830_1636
kernel:3.0.8
build number nuclear_gp707pub-eng4.0.4 imm76d20120830 test keys
please if someone can help me out thank you

here you go step by step visually ...

Last edited by a moderator:

kwiknik

Oct 24, 2012
Thanks but that doesn't work that's why he's hear asking for help. I know because I just picked up the same one and am now in the same boat. If anyone does have a real solution I am all ears though. Here's what I have figured out so far. When the android apk gets installed it gets installed to /data/app when it should be installed to /system/app with root access. When you run it it stops with the non-descript error message "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped." I tried granting it using ghost commander but the settings don't seem to apply. Hence why I'm looking to root. To get the permissions. If someone knows of a different way to try, again I am all ears.

bozie

Oct 23, 2012
Have either of the people wantng google play to be installed tryed installing a previous version of the app I was wanting google play on mine but it would fail to install completely so went to the prev version (the one that first came out when changed to google play) this installed but force closed now reverted back to the origanal app market supplyed by google

Worth a try

kwiknik

Oct 24, 2012
I have google play working on mine for some time now. I used the newtech25 script, which changed the menus to chinese but I was able to change them back. It is not 100% as the pop ups in the play store don't display correctly but I was able to install all my kids games with it. You also need usb drivers to be able to install the script. Wish I remembered the link.