LBJWDEBSH

Oct 13, 2011
hey guys im new here now i have a ideos s7 slim im here in the philippines..

so what will i do now???

i want to root my tablet..

so what is the first step???

my ideos is 2.2.2 froyo

can u help me or teach me thanks???

few questions:

what is root?? what are the benefits of it???

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
First, welcome to the forum and congrats on your new tablet. Second, look at the Hauwei Technical sub-forum stickies, all your questions will be answered there. Click here: Huawei Ideos S7 Technical

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I see that Peter has already taken care of your questions, so I'll just say welcome to the Android tablets Forum. I'm glad you decided to become a member here.

LBJWDEBSH

Oct 13, 2011
Thanks for your answer and thanks for welcoming me im just new to this android scene

so i have i pod touch that is jailbreak

so iphone- jailbreak

rooted- android tablets

ryt?

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
pretty much right. they are basically accomplishing the same goal.

LBJWDEBSH

Oct 13, 2011
thanks now if im in the philippines what custom rom can i use???

and how can i know what kind of rom i'm using??

and can i backup my stock rom??

stlfanman28

Nov 3, 2011
Hello all,

I just purchased this Ideos Tablet s7 and am also trying to root it. I have been all over the net, trying to install .apk files & follow the directions, but I can only get so far as having my pc recognize the drivers for the device. I have a microSD card in my tablet so I can send the .apk file over; I also have the Archive File Manager app already downloaded as well. However, when I go to open the .apk file in that AFM app, it says it's not there & therefore cannot proceed with completing the rooting process. What am I doing wrong? I'm guessing that I don't have a program on my pc/tablet that can open zip those .apk files? Any suggestions? Thanks.

eye2see

Nov 8, 2011
Hi,im new here too.I have interest in buying this tablet but those who had this device please share with me their experience.Thanks:)

kosenn

Oct 6, 2011
I rooted my s7 slim using Gingerbreak. Google latest gingerbreak version, download it, run it. takes about 2 to 4 minutes.