NEWS FLASH -Sneak peek at upcoming Le Pan S tablet!

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
NEWS FLASH -Sneak peek at upcoming Le Pan S tablet!
I've just received word that Le Pan is about to announce a new Dual core ICS tablet. This new Google Certified ICS 4.0.3, 9.7" tablet for under $240.00 might just be the key to a merry Christmas this year. I know I want one!
$Black_Front 1 small.jpg$pink side small.jpg$white side small.jpg
With specifications similar to the elusive Le Pan III it looks like they've kept the muscle and trimmed the fat in order to give their customers a great value for the dollar. Gone is the Brushed aluminum back; but it's under the hood that really counts anyway.(specifications below)

Last year when I pre-ordered my Le Pan II I was gambling on a virtually unknown brand with very little track record. Since then Le Pan has proven to be a company that keeps its word and stands behind its products. Even though I haven't tried this tablet yet myself; if you were my kid,wife or brother looking for a high quality low priced tablet from a reliable company, I'd say get the Le Pan!

Here's a sneak peek at the upcoming press release from Le Pan:

(note: press release specifies August release. I'm hoping they are a little late and and not really early)

Le Pan™ Launches Next-Generation Le Pan™ S 8GB Tablet with Wi-Fi Starting at Under $240

Get ready for the next-generation Android tablet from Le Pan™ – the Le Pan™ S – it’s amazingly fast, incredibly responsive, and soon available in four new colors: black, white, pink and purple.

LOS ANGELES, CA – xxxxx, 2012 – Le Pan™, maker of the award-winning Le Pan™ and Le Pan™ II tablets, today announces next month’s release of the Le Pan™ S, a 9.7-inch, dual-core processor powered Android tablet that comes in four fun new colors: black, white, pink and purple.

The Le Pan™ S is the first tablet from Le Pan’s product line-up to debut with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (factory updated to version 4.0.3), the newest version of Android currently available on the market. The next-generation Le Pan™ S tablet has a retail price of $239.99 for the 8GB model (4GB built-in storage plus 4GB storage on the included Micro SD card), and will be available at retailers nationwide starting in mid-August.

“The new Le Pan S tablet was designed from the ground up with the active, modern lifestyle in mind,” ,In developing this new model, we sought to put together the best blend of hardware, software and design we could at a highly affordable price. I believe we have found that sweet spot with the Le Pan S.”

Le Pan™ S, powered by a low-power, high-performance dual-core Texas Instrument processor along with 1GB RAM, features a 9.7-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen multi-touch display with 1024-by-768 resolution, like the ultra-high-resolution display on the award-winning Le Pan™ II. The device also features Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, accelerometer, g-sensor, light sensor and a 2.0 megapixel front-facing camera. Support for HDMI (optional adapter required), and additional storage (optional Micro SD card up to 32GB) is available. A built-in high capacity lithium battery (6800 mAh) provides up to 7 hours of battery life on a single charge.

One of the few Android tablets on the market with Google Mobile Service (GMS) certification, the Le Pan™ S has gone through rigorous hardware and software testing by Google to ensure the quality of the product. With a GMS-certified tablet, users get access to the official Google marketplace, Google Play, with over 600,000 apps to date.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Just when you think a company like Le Pan might be down and out with the Kindle Fires and Nexus 7s available, they come up with something attractive. This looks like it is still probably one of the best bang for the buck tablets in the 10" range. Good job Le Pan, it is nice to have options.