nex7 always opens with google search input

emtokay

Dec 14, 2011
over the last few days, my nex7 has been opening, whether at startup or from sleep mode, in the google search input field with the search/keyboard. it used to open in the home screen. what happened and how can i get the n7 to open in the home screen.

thanks

D

Dawnstar

Based just on your brief explanation what you are trying to explain is your tablet always used to open in the home screen but now it don't?

What i need from you is what happens when you turn on your tablet! can you give us more information. So we can help you:D

Last edited by a moderator:

emtokay

Dec 14, 2011
as in,,,,

how it used to start at startup and out of sleep mode back THEN, and how it opens up NOW. nothing "happens" when i turn on the n7 except it just turns on,,,like normal, except when i slide to open, it opens to this.

there WERE a few lines of search queries from past searches which i have since cleaned up. so NOW, i have to tap this screen out back to the home screen.

Attachments

• $then now.jpg
    $then now.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I guess I am a bit confused. Are you having an issue that your tablet does not open to the home screen? If so, this may have to do with using the unlock circle and swiping up:

aXeL5.png

Swiping up launches Google Now, left is the camera and right is unlock.

Or, are you wanting a search bar that shows the home screen like it did in ICS? The white screen search bar is the same thing as the one that showed the home screen, just type a query and it will search contacts, calendar, music, apps, as well as google.

emtokay

Dec 14, 2011
I guess I am a bit confused. Are you having an issue that your tablet does not open to the home screen? If so, this may have to do with using the unlock circle and swiping up:

aXeL5.png

Swiping up launches Google Now, left is the camera and right is unlock.

Or, are you wanting a search bar that shows the home screen like it did in ICS? The white screen search bar is the same thing as the one that showed the home screen, just type a query and it will search contacts, calendar, music, apps, as well as google.

thx for the hint. actually, it doesn't matter which way i slide it and 3 of the positions are simply "unlock" (top is google). so i went into settings and found the options for unlocking and i turned it off. now it opens to the home screen.

question,,,,by changing screen lock to "never" instead of "slide", am i using more battery or am i giving up some convenience by doing so. slide doesn't make any sense unless i want a SECURED lock.

also,,,can i input other options by sliding left, right, or down, since as of right now they don't have the options you mentioned.

thx again

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
If you do not use the slide to unlock, tapping the lock button will unlock the tablet. Using the slide option, it will shut the screen off in about 10 seconds or less of no input. The other option it will stay on for the length of the timeout. So, for instance in your laptop bag it could turn on numerous times and drain your battery using the NONE option.

If you want more options, check out Widget Locker. You can add up to 8 options from the unlock circle, and also give more than one circle and other widgets on your lock screen.

emtokay

Dec 14, 2011
If you do not use the slide to unlock, tapping the lock button will unlock the tablet. Using the slide option, it will shut the screen off in about 10 seconds or less of no input. The other option it will stay on for the length of the timeout. So, for instance in your laptop bag it could turn on numerous times and drain your battery using the NONE option.

If you want more options, check out Widget Locker. You can add up to 8 options from the unlock circle, and also give more than one circle and other widgets on your lock screen.

sorry for the late reply...thx for the tip.