Nextbook 7 Will Not Charge

mistiedawn27

Dec 15, 2012
My son has a Nextbook 7 model NEXT7P12-8G. When he plugged it into the charger earlier today, the red charge light on the tablet never came on. I assume this means it is not charging or getting power maybe? Anyone have an idea as to what might be going on?
Thanks,
Mistie

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Mistie, congratulations to your son on his Nextbook 7 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the E Fun Tablets forum for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

edap

Dec 12, 2012
My son has a Nextbook 7 model NEXT7P12-8G. When he plugged it into the charger earlier today, the red charge light on the tablet never came on. I assume this means it is not charging or getting power maybe? Anyone have an idea as to what might be going on?
Thanks,
Mistie

Hi Mistie. Maybe your charger is defective. Or it could be the USB cable. Has it worked before? Try a different outlet. Connect to a PC and see if the charge light turns red. Good luck.
Ed

Tabletwolf

Jun 24, 2013
Hello... my charger has been acting wonky, when I put it in it won't charge immediately and I have to fiddle with it, also sometimes it stops charging randomly... I've had it for a month and I don't know if I burned the charger out or what

basia1023

Jul 12, 2015
I just had the same issue with my Grandson's tablet and did a bit research, finally figured out the cheapest way is just to use the other charge port on the tablet. Had an exact match in the home and didn't need to spend anything. Can be purchased on amazon for 5 dollars

aapino70

Jul 25, 2015
My grandsons next book 7 turns on but will not charge can someone please give me advice?

aapino70

Jul 25, 2015
Hi Mistie. Maybe your charger is defective. Or it could be the USB cable. Has it worked before? Try a different outlet. Connect to a PC and see if the charge light turns red. Good luck.
Ed
What if I already did that

Distinctly_You

Sep 14, 2015
Hi Mistie, congratulations to your son on his Nextbook 7 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the E Fun Tablets forum for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!
I own a Nextbook 7 that is a replacement from a warranty issue with charging. Now my charger(s I have 2 & tried both) plugged in & red light on. For the last 5-6 hours it shows 50% charge. 1) What can I do to fix this & 2) as a warranty replacement will this not be covered?

My original warranty issue was that the plugin for the charger slipped away from the hole so could not get a charge to took up at all... still a charging situation.

sultana020

Feb 16, 2016
I bought 2 Nextbook tablets for my daughters. One started having problems with charging after about a month so we couldn't return it to the store. However, the manufacturer replaced it. Now, after about 10 months the second tablet, that we purchased is having same issues. I will have to go through the same process of returning it to the manufacturer, most likely. I just hate all this hassle. :(

TastyPink1

Oct 6, 2016
I purchased 2 NextBook 8 tablets back in February 2016 after my first full charges neither tablet hold a charge, I am using the USB and plug that came with it, I have tried pluging in an outlet and computer to charge and the only thing it does is the charge will go to maybe 2 percent then decreases. Three days ago I plugged in outlet to charge today it's only at 1percent. I don't have any apps on tablet because it doesn't hold but about 2 apps(lol) anyway. This was a usless tablet to buy and I bought 2 of them. I tried all the remedies that was posted online and they didn't work, I don't think I can even return them to manufacturer. This is sad because it is being camouflages with a nice look but does nothing, at $100 each I did expect the battery to charge fully if it can do anything else. I see many people are having problems with the Nextbook, I wonder what type of customer service they provide, hoping it's not as bad as the tablet.