Nextbook Premium 8 SE will not connect to wifi at home.

Merifislic

Apr 1, 2012
My sister purchased a Nextbook Premium 8 SE. We have a D-Link Router at home. The router works for other devices at home but not the Nextbook. The Nextbook will connect to the wifi at her school. What do I need to do to get the Nextbook to connect to our router at home? It says it can't find ip address.

sowmeera

Dec 4, 2011
Have you tried unplugging the router?
My problem was more or less same, but the WiFi connection was going off every few seconds. As recommended, I changed my router to factory settings and it started working alright. There is one more problem - may be there is a conflict of channels 1 and 6. You can try channel 11 at your router.

auhkickboxer

Jun 20, 2012
My sister purchased a Nextbook Premium 8 SE. We have a D-Link Router at home. The router works for other devices at home but not the Nextbook. The Nextbook will connect to the wifi at her school. What do I need to do to get the Nextbook to connect to our router at home? It says it can't find ip address.

Hi, same thing happened to me with my Nextbook Premium 7SE i tried to figure out in 2 days after receiving the device. I thought the device is faulty, but i found out it is not. what i did is i reset the router and in wireless security authentication instead of OPEN or SHARED i click both then i reset the Nextbook and re-setup the wifi and it works. Try it and you will see.... Regards.