Nexus 7 Tablet Forum is now Live! Be sure to join us!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011

nexuslogo5.png

Just today, June 27th 2012, Google announced the Nexus 7 Tablet to the world. It is a self branded tablet running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Everything we have read previously for the last few weeks was correct. The new Nexus 7 tablet from the Google and Asus partnership is official. Here's a spec breakdown of the new Nexus 7 pure Google device, and more details will follow:

7-Inch 1280 X 800 HD Display
Super-thin and light - just 340 grams
NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad-Core CPU with 12-Core GPU
1GB RAM
Front FAcing Camera for Video Conferencing
WiFi, Bluetooth & NFC
4325mAh battery - 9 Hours of Video playback on battery and up to 300 hours of standby

Here are a few more interesting features:

Google Chrome is default browser
Improved Google Plus Integration - Google Maps Streetview inside retail stores and restaurants - Offline maps
Great Graphics for Games - "Horn" & "Dead Trigger" were demoed
8GB version and 16GB

The 8GB version is priced at $199.99 and 16GB for $249 and can now be pre-ordered from the Google Play Store! Be sure to select which model you want before clicking the Add to Cart button!

If you are at all interested in this device, or have been waiting and watching for it the whole time, we would love to have you at our newest forum NexusTablets.net!

Thanks for reading, and we hope to see you there!

jasonkrasnov

Jun 11, 2012
This tablet is going to destroy the the Amazon Kindle Fire, but I do not believe that it will compete at a level with the iPad 2. As an Android user, though, I cannot wait to get my hands on one. I am so exited for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, and think it will be a great leap forward for tablets, especially after reader the specs side by side with other devices here: Google's Nexus 7 Android Tablet has arrived.

For $200, I think I will most likely invest in one. Yes, it does not have expandable memory with a microSD, but that's what cloud services are for =)

Starblock

Jun 18, 2012
I think i'm going to check around stores and see what it has before clicking on the buy button... if its better than my Galaxy tab, well, i might sell this one that i'm using and will go for Nexus 7.... :p

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
Not buying but winning :eek:

Register, input your 7 wonders and win :p

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
Bump from potential winner here :)

Don't forget to vote me :D

Contest still open and will officially close on July 17, 2012 at 12:00 pm Central.

Beat me if you can :p

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
Contest still open and will officially close on July 17, 2012 at 12:00 pm Central.

0012.gif
Can't wait to collect with my winning tablet
0012.gif

Astrix

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 7, 2012
Bump...few more hours to go before it close and annouce im one of the winner.

Register and grab your chance soonest :)