No External Storage for Coby Kyros MID7048

Nov 16, 2012
Guys Im having problems accessing my external storage. Even when I go to settings/storage/ it display that there are two internal storage (1 for the internal memory and the other one is for my microsd..im sure of it) no external storage. It only has SDA for connecting USB/external drives. I have explored all the settings and have exhausted my self. Problem is everytime I open my gallery or take a picture, it says that I have no external card mounter (although both USB and micros SD is mounted) I also cannot play games which are already installed (some games require external storage to download SD data). Please help anyone..Thanks!

Nov 16, 2012
Just to add, my tablet is not rooted..and evrytime I connect it to my PC/laptop, its not detected so basically i cannot explore the files (internal mem/SDA/edcard(read as internal)

Last edited:
D

Dawnstar

Guys Im having problems accessing my external storage. Even when I go to settings/storage/ it display that there are two internal storage (1 for the internal memory and the other one is for my microsd..im sure of it) no external storage. It only has SDA for connecting USB/external drives. I have explored all the settings and have exhausted my self. Problem is everytime I open my gallery or take a picture, it says that I have no external card mounter (although both USB and micros SD is mounted) I also cannot play games which are already installed (some games require external storage to download SD data). Please help anyone..Thanks!

Did you fomat the mircoSD card? If not try to format to NTFS in a PC/Laptop/Phone then try putting it back in your tablet but make sure you turn OFF your tablet first.

Nov 16, 2012
Did exactly what you said...still doesn't work...T_T Anyways I really appreciate your help..Thanks Dawnstar..anyone any suggestions?

jeawee

Jan 5, 2013

I have the same problem. I kept mounting and unmounting the micro sd card, but it always says that it has been mounted but whenever I try to capture an image or go to gallery, it always says that there's no external storage. It's really frustrating. I even tried to reset it by inserting a pin on the reset button, but nothing happened.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
This thread was moved to the Generation 3 forum, where you're likely to get more comprehensive answers. Please do check out the other threads here as there is an existing thread related to your issue that may help.

Your friendly neighborhood androidtablets.net moderation team.

phrey

Mar 16, 2013
I have the same problem too :( can you help us guys? i need to fix this because my dad will go home :(

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Did any of you edit vold.fstab after rooting? If you did, until you restore vold.fstab to its original state you won't have working MicroSD cards. Even then there is a possibility that the MicroSD card slot may not work.

bazooka beth tezuka

Aug 20, 2014
I'm having the same problem. Unrooted. None of this has worked. Tried formatting SD card in FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS; tried rebooting tablet, resetting tablet, restoring tablet to factory settings. Nothing.