No Multi-tasking on Asus Transformer 201-Prime

DragonDroid

Mar 30, 2012
can someone please explain why the quad-core asus prime can not mutli-task. Example: im in youtube app watching a video and want to search for something on chrome. when i switch to chrome video stops playing and returns to the beginning.

example 2: im in google play app previewing some music, and switch to my google mail app and music stops playing.

im thoroughly disappointed when prime's performance. after waiting months for it to be available and for it not to be able to multi-tasking is extremely frustrating.

i hope im missing something and there is a magic setting that i missed. but after using the prime for months i went from super advocate to someone who would not even recommend it.

i have another issues but i'll save that rant for another post.

AndroidSPIN

Mar 30, 2012
Have you checked out Overscreen and Stickit! by MBFG? With stick it! You can watch YouTube or any other video in a windowed screen on your tablet. It stays on top of whatever program you are in. You can watch a video/movie and still brows the web or play a game. It is cool. OveSkreen is a similar principal. You can have a windowed web browser that is movaable and resizable. Ultimately if you have both you can have a movie in one corner and browse the web in another corner and still ope apps and emails. I knw it works great on the OG Transformer and is sweet on the Note and Galaxy S. THey are both in the market. $1.99 for OverSkreen and 1.49 for Stick It! well worth the money for some true multi tasking.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
You are talking about two different things. What you describe is multi-pane not multi-task. I can on both my TF101 and TF201 play AngryBirds and listen to TunedIn easily. Or be notified of an email while in QuickOffice.
The issue of Video as you describe is a poor example. Were you streaming? If so, we are talking multi-session threads. There is a prioritization of bandwidth which stops the active thread when you opened a window to search. Remember Multi-pane and Multi-thread is totally different than multi-task.
AndroidSPIN uses a good example of multi-pane sessions