No solution for "android_" hung.

Luke85

May 6, 2011
Hi.
This is my first post here. Some time ago i bought a zenithink epad w/ android 2.1. It was used until well known "android" hung occured.
The problem is: i can't flash it from PC - as required i've got a winxp 32bit OS. Burntools in two version's were used. Everytime I try to flash by clicking start in burntools - blue screen of death occurs - i tried 2 pc's. Evertything seems to be ok - device 10 is green. Tried three different miniUSB cables.
Flashing from SDcard doesn't work neither.
Tablet sometimes start's but it's very random and not too often.
I'm out of ideas.
The problem is also that i don't really know what's my firmware. All I can say is that about 2 months ago I updated the system to the newest version.
I don't know if that matters but this crap happened when i've installed Skype.
I don't know what to do.
If someone could help maybe..

Veblin

Apr 23, 2011
I will jump in here and show what I do not know.
I have the Zenithink UPAD 7" android 2.2 and and do not know much about zenithink epad w/ android 2.1.

I have seen that for some 2011 update's that Burn Tool is no longer supported for future updates.
Burn Tool is on life support and close to dead.

I have updated 3 times from SD card and it seems to work for me. I used 2GB card. I first tried with a 16GB card and only got the error No zImage_update. It think a 4GB card would work for my tab because it has 4GB internal memory but if your tablet is only 2GB then you may have to use a 2GB card or smaller. I don't know

Zenithink updates are here.
Downloading from here can be slow.
There are also DLBank downloads that might be faster but you would need to report exactly what ZT-180 you have.

Last edited:

Luke85

May 6, 2011
Well.. the question is, how can i check what is my model? There is no in-depth info about my model. The box only says that it has Arm 11 1.0ghz cpu, 256 ram ddr II and 2GB SSD.
The question is: how to update, and which update to use. Personaly i would preffer WinCe. I'll also try to flash from a 2gb flash card. Maybe it'll work.

EDIT:
I've downloaded drivers from link You supported. Now what? :) everything is in Chineese. The problem is really what correct steps do I have to take to get stuff.. at least flashing?
EDIT2: oh, i forgot: downloaded WinCe.. got three folders for different language versions.

Last edited:

Veblin

Apr 23, 2011
You could try WinCe if you want. I don't know anything about it. That version may not be for your tablet as it says 512 in the file name.
10”(256MB+2GB) android2.2 edition NO.20110324 if you would like the newest Android version for your Generation 1 tablet. Flashing directions are in the download.

Faster downloads
http://dl.dbank.com/c0zdyskgso
http://dl.dbank.com/c0znbgprck

Last edited: