No Sound on Lenovo K1

desetjim

Dec 27, 2011
I have a new Lenovo K1 IdeaPad. Is there any special app that I need to listen speaking/talking books on it? I received an error saying "no language available".

Many thanks,

Jim

Stewo

Dec 29, 2011
I have a new Lenovo K1 IdeaPad. Is there any special app that I need to listen speaking/talking books on it? I received an error saying "no language available".

Many thanks,

Jim

I think you need to install text-to-speech synthesis program. Try go settings - language & input - click on TextToSpeech and it will guide you to download TTS installer and language package you want. In AndroidMarket you can search for : Speech Synthesis Data Instaler.

Hope it will help. Whats your opinion on K1? are you satisfied?

desetjim

Dec 27, 2011
I think you need to install text-to-speech synthesis program. Try go settings - language & input - click on TextToSpeech and it will guide you to download TTS installer and language package you want. In AndroidMarket you can search for : Speech Synthesis Data Instaler.

Hope it will help. Whats your opinion on K1? are you satisfied?

Thanks! My son was fooling around with it today and got it working. Problem is........it's terrible!! I can't handle that synthesized speech!! Especially with that female voice!

I do most of my studying on my desktop when I am home and I can do it on my laptop when I'm on the road. I suppose it's too small to have a regular voice in mp3 like on a computer. No big deal, but I had to find out ;)/

As to the K1 - I have no experience with any tablet. I need one like I need a hole in the head, but it was a Christmas gift from my wife. She probably knew she'd be using it more that I would :).

Thanks a lot,

Jim

desetjim

Dec 27, 2011
Looks nice Chris, should be helpful to anyone trying to do a tablet setup for their kids.
jh2.jpg

22.jpg

6.jpg

Say what? Did you mispost this?