No Wif (anymore) after (re)install firmware

Crystallugia

May 25, 2012
My tablet wouldn't start anymore ( hang during start-up, showing the android logo for hours). A reset didn't work so I downloaded the firmware from the zenithink website, extracted it to a sd-card and (re)installed the firmware. Everything looked fine but then I realized I couldn't turn the wifi switch to on in the settings menu. A 'work around' I tried: Going to the Android Market the system asks for a google account. When choosing existing account I'm in the settings screen again(but different) with only the wifi switch.. I can turn this switch to on. But when I do that the system says "switching to wifi" ( translated from Dutch). And It keeps showing that line for hours, nothing happens.

When I look in adb logcat the following messages appear when I turn the wifi switch to on:

E/WifiHW ( 150): insmod(/system/lib/modules/wlan.ko, ): Exec format error
E/WifiHW ( 150): Unable to unload driver module "wlan": No such file or direct
ory

I'v done the firmware installation several times but no luck.

Can someone help me out?

benadlam

May 6, 2012
My tablet wouldn't start anymore ( hang during start-up, showing the android logo for hours). A reset didn't work so I downloaded the firmware from the zenithink website, extracted it to a sd-card and (re)installed the firmware. Everything looked fine but then I realized I couldn't turn the wifi switch to on in the settings menu. A 'work around' I tried: Going to the Android Market the system asks for a google account. When choosing existing account I'm in the settings screen again(but different) with only the wifi switch.. I can turn this switch to on. But when I do that the system says "switching to wifi" ( translated from Dutch). And It keeps showing that line for hours, nothing happens.

When I look in adb logcat the following messages appear when I turn the wifi switch to on:

E/WifiHW ( 150): insmod(/system/lib/modules/wlan.ko, ): Exec format error
E/WifiHW ( 150): Unable to unload driver module "wlan": No such file or direct
ory

I'v done the firmware installation several times but no luck.

Can someone help me out?

you could always try different firmware. I run this now, seems better than Zenithink official!

[ROM] - Android ICS 4.0.3 Light Edition 1.2 - C91 upgrade H3 - 1A - SlateDroid.com