No wireless network

olmanfear

Apr 28, 2011
New here to this forum, just rooted my Nook Color and trying to find how to download apps witout a wireless network. I'm in a part of the world without public wireless, the country has wireless but you have to have a Userid and password to gain acccess and input both everytime you access the wireless system. I have wire RJ45 access to a laptop and can't use peer to peer networking to link my Rooted Nook Color. I'm thinking that if I buy a wirelss router and software to enter my user id and password to enable a wirelss router but then I open myself up to everyone around me accessing the wireless router and bogging down my bandwidth.

I need some advise or assistance,

Thanks

Last edited:

mikehan

Apr 20, 2011
New here to this forum, just rooted my Nook Color and trying to find how to download apps witout a wireless network. I'm in a part of the world without public wireless, the country has wireless but you have to have a Userid and password to gain acccess and input both everytime you access the wireless system. I have wire RJ45 access to a laptop and can't use peer to peer networking to link my Rooted Nook Color. I'm thinking that if I buy a wirelss router and software to enter my user id and password to enable a wirelss router but then I open myself up to everyone around me accessing the wireless router and bogging down my bandwidth.

I need some advise or assistance,

Thanks

which android talet have you had ?

marcjac

Feb 25, 2011
Olmanfear, I'm no tech but your logic sounds good to me. I'd think you can lock down your router so that it's not open to anyone. I know you can hide the SSID so it won't show up in other people's searches. And I'm fairly certain you can even restrict it to a single IP address, so that only your Nook can connect. Not sure if this helps or not...

-Marc

olmanfear

Apr 28, 2011
Olmanfear, I'm no tech but your logic sounds good to me. I'd think you can lock down your router so that it's not open to anyone. I know you can hide the SSID so it won't show up in other people's searches. And I'm fairly certain you can even restrict it to a single IP address, so that only your Nook can connect. Not sure if this helps or not...

-Marc

Thanks Marcjac,

I will try tomorrow and see if it work's.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Last edited: