Noob with issues

snapdragon

Oct 18, 2011
Hi everyone

I'm a 49-year-old teacher from Indiana. Purchased a MID M806 tablet on Ebay a couple of weeks ago. I mostly got it to use as an .mp3 player overnight to help me sleep. It's been working fine for that.

I'm having some issues with apps that I hope I can sort out here.

I'm glad I found this place. I'll go have a look around at the app threads.

Debbie (Snapdragon)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Debbie, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. I'm glad you decided to join us as a member of Android Tablets. I hope you'll be able to get those "issues" sorted out.:cool:

snapdragon

Oct 18, 2011
Thanks, Spider. Apparently this tablet doesn't have access to the true android app market, because it will not let me download any, and the Facebook app keeps crashing. I may read some more about rooting and try it if I get brave.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
If you can control a classroom full of students, one little tablet shouldn't be a daunting challenge.:cool:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Congratulations Debbie, I knew you could do it.:rolleyes: Us Midwesterners don't take any guff from a little tablet.:cool:

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
The Facebook app crashes because they stupidly decided to make it require GPS in the latest update. Most tablets don't have GPS so the app balks. To fix, you need to download an app called FakeGPS. This will fix it. If you rooted you can grab it from the market. If not, you should be able to sideload it. Good luck and welcome!

snapdragon

Oct 18, 2011
Thanks! I haven't had any trouble so far, but if I do, I'll download Fake GPS.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Elizabeth, welcome to Android Tablets. Nice of you to become a member of the forum. I'm afraid only Debbie knows exactly what she did and it's not likely she'll be looking at this thread any more. I'd suggest you click this link to the Android Tablet Q&A section and start a new thread asking your question there. Good luck!