Noobie Looking for Help

Jefft5

Mar 2, 2014
Hi, I'm new to this forum as of today and currently losing the will to live!

I bought a cheapo Chinese 9" tablet, pretty good spec, and build quality is not bad either for the price, but it is giving me a serious headache!

I am trying to connect it to my PC using the ADB Interface, I've downloaded what I believe to be the necessary software and spent a day and a half trawling through various sites and trying different suggestions but whenever I execute ADB Shell in windows 7 it loads Daemon (port 5037) then churns out the message "Error Device Not Found".

My PC Device Manager shows the tablet as a mobile phone and says ADB is working correctly. If I connect my Samsung phone to the PC and execute ADB Shell it finds the device fine.

If I execute ADB Devices it gives me the Samsung phone serial number, if I plug in my tablet and execute ADB Devices it gives me the message "Listing Devices" then goes straight back to directory prompt.

All I want to do is enable adhoc wifi (which for some reason Google don't seem to think is important) so that I can connect to the OBD2 wifi transmitter that I use on my car.

I don't want to spend a fortune on a high quality tablet because it is bound to end up with greasy finger marks all over it by the time I've finished messing with the engine.

Can anyone give me any ideas as to why I cannot get it to connect? It would be very much appreciated.

mozaren

Feb 23, 2014
Hi, sorry I can't help you with your problem but perhaps you might help me with my second problem?
My first problem I would like to post on this forum but HOW DO I POST? I am baffled...

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Jefft5, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi mozaren, welcome to you as well. To post on the forum, go to the section you want to post in and click the "+ Post New Thread" box in the upper left corner. When the form appears, put a meaningful title into the title line and ask your question in the box below it.

Jefft5

Mar 2, 2014
Hi, firstly I'd like to thank you for your reply.

Yes I did see the link you refer to and followed it all the way through but my tablet will not connect when I use ADB Shell in windows 7. I have downloaded SDK Manager, PDANET, Google USB Drivers and Adhoctablets.
I've got the SDK directory and Adhoctablets in the root directory of my PC and I can initiate ADB by using either of these directories. When I connected my tablet my PC downloaded and installed the drivers as normal and device manager showed my tablet as "Android Phone". When I expanded "Android Phone" it showed "Android ABD Interface". When I go to properties my PC shows "This device is working properly" if I then go to "Details" and "compatible IDs" I get the following:

USB\Class_ff&SubClass_42&Prot_01
USB\Class_ff&SubClass_42
USB\Class_ff

If I then run my CMD and load the SDK\platform-tools directory or the Adhoctablets Directory I can open "ADB Devices" which loads Daemon on port 5037 but no devices are listed. If I run "ADB Shell" I get the message "Error-Device not found".

I cannot locate any manufacturers name for the tablet but I do have this information if it is any help:

Model Number M2105, Android Version 4.1.1, Kernel Version 3.4.0+, Build Number m2105-800 x 480-dulddr-0308-2035-250-8188eus.eng.wine.luo.20131122.131311.modify

I've tried searching m2105 but I get more information about an emachine laptop than I do about tablets (apparently emachines make a laptop with that model number!).

I'm probably doing something simple the wrong way, but I'm certainly not having any success! Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Jefft5

Mar 2, 2014
Hi Musing, that app works a treat! No way can I get this tablet to connect through usb but the wireless method was no problem, now I've just got to work out how to get my adhoc wifi working!
Typed in this script from adhoctablets:

su mount -0 rw,remount -t yaffs2/dev/block/mtdblock3/system cp/system/bin/wpa_supplicant/sdcard/wpa_supplicant.original cp/sdcard/wpa_supplicant/system/bin. chmod 755/system/bin/wpa_supplicant chownsystem.wifi/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf exit

Then got the message "cp not found". It's a long time now since I've done any scripting (back in the days of Microsoft DOS, lol, showing my age) and my first attempt at Android, can you see if I've done anything obviously wrong.
I copied and pasted that string straight from "Adhoctablets".
I really appreciate your help so far and I hate being a pain!
Thanks very much
Jeff

Jefft5

Mar 2, 2014
Hi Musing,

Checked that out and apparently in the later Android systems you have to install "Busybox" then change the script to "busybox cp".

I did this and it got rid of that error and I thought all was well until it got to the last line then gave the message "sdcard/wpa_supplicant file or dir not found.

I've pasted "wpa_supplicant" onto my removable sdcard from the adhoctablets folder so I don't quite understand why it says not found.

When I check storage in my tablet I find it has Internal Storage (which I assume is the equivalent of a hard disc) Internal sdcard? and a Removable sdcard. Should I be pasting the wpa_supplicant on the Internal sdcard? If so how would I go about it, should I paste it into folder containing the Android system.

When I plug my tablet into my PC and enable storage I get folders "M" and "O", I have avoided pasting anything into "M" as that is the one containing the system files and only copied to the "O" which is my removable sdcard.

I've not pasted anything into "M" for fear of corrupting the system.

What do you think?

Best regards

Jeff

The pace of life is nothing to fear
but the sudden stop at the end is a bit of a worry

Musing

Aug 27, 2012
Hi Jeff! With my limited knowledge of android, unfortunately, I believe I have come to a point whereby I have no more suggestions to help you solve your problem. It has been nice chatting with you and somewhere down the road we shall meet again. :)