Nook CM7.1.0 installation issues

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
I've tried three times unsuccessfully to load CM 7.1.0. After reboot the process stops at the blinking Android sign. All installs have been using ROM manager and a check mark by GApps.
After reboot I get nothing. But the blinking sign.
Market not affected

Recovery sets me back to CM7.0.3

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

1hen2ducks

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
I have been running cm7 7.1 rc1 for 2 days but the wifi issues continue (dropping wifi signals and switching between signals) so tonight I returned to 7.0.3 stable with nightly 113 as it has the most stable performance at this point. I see rc4 on the cyanogen site but think I will wait for the stable release. You might reconsider rc1 for a few days. Just saying.......

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Also, if you are thinking about front running the ROMs (nightlies and RCs) you might want to consider building your CWR skills. ROM Manager is supposed to let you do the same process but seems to lead to more bad installs. Flashing directly from recovery seems to be the better method.

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
Also, if you are thinking about front running the ROMs (nightlies and RCs) you might want to consider building your CWR skills. ROM Manager is supposed to let you do the same process but seems to lead to more bad installs. Flashing directly from recovery seems to be the better method.

Um, how do the nightlies get to recovery to be able to flash them.
Sorry if that sounds dumb but, well, you know.....

M

Sent from my Nook Color CM7 using "Thumb Keyboard"

Sep 24, 2010
I just eMMC installed "update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-encore-signed.zip" and getting android.process.media "has stopped unexpectedly.
:(

EDIT:
RESOLVED
>Followed this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1030227
10.- Flash the files in this order:
1. cm7 .zip
2. gapps
3. (optional) dalingrin kernel
11.-Once you've flashed the files; in the clockworkmod main menu select "wipe data/factory reset"

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Um, how do the nightlies get to recovery to be able to flash them.
Sorry if that sounds dumb but, well, you know.....

M

Sent from my Nook Color CM7 using "Thumb Keyboard"

If you have CWR installed internally you can place the nightly zip file you want to flash on any SD card. Insert the card, boot into recovery and then select the nightlie file to flash it.

If you are using a bootable CWR SD just put the nightly zip file on that card and same process.

You can put multiple nightlies, kernels, Gapps or ROM zips on the card and just choose the one you want to flash at any given time.

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
Can those nightlies and other zip files stay on the SD forever or must they be removed once the install has happened. ie; zip files will not be installed unless selected. Otherwise they are benign.

I hope this helps someone other than me.

1hen2ducks

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
You can leave the old zip files on the card if you wish. They will only be installed if you select them through cwr. I usually keep a backup copy of the old zips on either a flash drive or on my laptop. I also keep copies of all backups on another media just in case......s**t happens!

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
Thanks for that. 32 hours since my last boot up. Am now at 65% battery.
]

Sent from my Nook Color CM7. 1 using Android Tablets Forum