Nook color CM7 7.1 problem with syncing google

shaglocc

Mar 3, 2012
Ok now i already have everything installed and everything runs clean i just cant get android market to work so i found out i had to sync. all i get is a fail to connect to server when ever i try to sync my device. i am sitting right next to my wifi hub and can surf the web. i have fixed permissions rebooted over and over and still nothing. do i need any more programs to successfully sync do i need gapps installed( i have tried with gapps 6.11mb) and what version if i need a certain nightly which one becuase i have spent more time getting this to work than actually having fun with it. I am going bald pulling my hair out over this. One less problem means more hair on my head

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes, you need Gapps. DO you have internet nut not a sync with Google servers? Go into settings accounts and sync and make sure you have the correct gmail address and password.

shaglocc

Mar 3, 2012
I will try that i dont know how to find my gmail address and when it says server do i type in google or google.com

shaglocc

Mar 3, 2012
ok it still doesn't let me it still says cannot conect to server and i just set up a gmail account can you give me a link to download gapps becuase i installed the market through cwm and it still wont wont show none of the apps

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Gapps can be found here Latest Version - CyanogenMod Wiki at the very bottom of the page. Save the zip file to the root of your SD card (not in any folders) and flash from ClockWork Mod Recovery.

Once you are booted into CM7 go into Settings>Accounts & Sync and make sure you have the correct gmail and password entered.