Nook Color - Wi-Fi connected but can't add google account and can't use browser.

Wulfie

Jun 5, 2011
I just flashed phiremod 6.3 to my Nook Color. When I attempt to add my google acount, I get "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server." When I click on the market app, I get "Could not launch the requested activity." When I open the internet browser, I get "Web page not available."

I have a strong wi-fi signal that my computer, cell phone, and another Nook Color are able to use without problems. The tablet says that I am connected, the signal is strong, and I'm not in airplane mode.

This is my first post so let me know if I put this in the right category and if I need to add any additional information.

Thanks in advance.

Wulfie

Jun 5, 2011
I thought this might be a problem with the newly released phiremod 6.3 because my device was working just fine on 6.2. However, I just flashed back to 6.2 and experienced the same problems. I can't make sense of this especially since the device is successfully connecting to the wi-fi.

Wulfie

Jun 5, 2011
Well the problem seems to be resolved but I don't know how or why. I turned the Nook's wi-fi off, and when I turned it back on I was able to add my google account, browse the web, and open the market. I know turned the wi-fi off and on several times yesterday so I am still perplexed as to why it seems to be working now.