Nook Color with AOSP Froyo

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
NOT ANGRY BIRDS!?!?!??!?!??!?! Well, I did like the countertop. :)

I have a suspicion this was more a proof-of-concept. I already read last night that GMail not be quite ready for the Nook (or is it vice versa?). If that's the case, I'm probably one of those guys who will hold off on looking for a ROM until all the basics work right, and just side-load some nice working apps for a while.

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
NOT ANGRY BIRDS!?!?!??!?!??!?! Well, I did like the countertop. :)

I have a suspicion this was more a proof-of-concept. I already read last night that GMail not be quite ready for the Nook (or is it vice versa?). If that's the case, I'm probably one of those guys who will hold off on looking for a ROM until all the basics work right, and just side-load some nice working apps for a while.

-Matt

HOWTO: Gmail and the Android Market - xda-developers

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
So...how would be the easiest way to get AOSP android on the nook color?

I would hold off on froyo for right now. Not all the bugs have been worked out yet. From what i see over at xda there are still some conflicts with froyo.

sent from my rooted nook color

johnz8

May 5, 2011
I went with Cyanogenmod CM7 for the Nook color. I would never go back to stock. CM7 seems very stable. Everything I have used/tried with CM7 so far is solid as a rock. The stock B&N OS (Froyo 2.2) has some bugs that irritated me. The limited android market bothered me too and they charge for the apps you can get for free at the apps market place. Grrr. The CM7 rooting process is easy and there are several documented procedures floating around. I like the one on Facebook in the notes section of "Customizing Your Nook Color" community. They have a great user community/support group.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I went with Cyanogenmod CM7 for the Nook color. I would never go back to stock. CM7 seems very stable. Everything I have used/tried with CM7 so far is solid as a rock. The stock B&N OS (Froyo 2.2) has some bugs that irritated me. The limited android market bothered me too and they charge for the apps you can get for free at the apps market place. Grrr. The CM7 rooting process is easy and there are several documented procedures floating around. I like the one on Facebook in the notes section of "Customizing Your Nook Color" community. They have a great user community/support group.

So do we right here ;)