Dumb question, but: you have wifi on pretty much all the time, right? That might be a factor.I might just be lazy and not update until 2.2. I haven't gotten the 1.0.1 OTA update yet for some reason.
Sent from my Nook Color
Another interesting development from the Nook Developer forum.
This is what Ted Patrick, the community manager, wrote regarding timelines -1. Enable developer mode in 1.1 and new SDK Jan 2011This seems to suggest that
2. Create ingestion, approval, merchant support for developer with backend systems Feb 2011
3. Deliver Android 2.2+ Flash/AIR support Feb 2011
4. Launch application support on NOOKcolor March 2011
- In January 2011, well see Nook Dev team add the ability to test Nook Color Apps on the Nook Color. This should really help.
- In February 2011, developers will be able to upload their apps for testing. Also, backend systems and the store pages will be setup.
- In March 2011, the first Nook Color apps will come out.
March, 2011 would mean the very end of Q1, 2011. However, given that the Nook Color was released in November 2010, this is very impressive.
Since there are 25 developer partners working on launch apps, and since there is a decent amount of interest in making Nook Apps amongst developers at the Nook Developer forums, its possible that the Nook App Store debuts with 50 to 100 apps.