Nook won't power on, needs full recovery.

xkazaf

Mar 25, 2013
Alright so I was trying to hack the Nook Color, and ended up installing the wrong type of the Nook. What I installed was for a 16GB and I had a 8GB. To be short, the Nook won't even power on, even though I know it's charged.

I've been trying to fix it but I keep running into dead links, and it's just really a total headache.

What I need to do is remove what I installed which seems to have screwed up the booting and put it back to factory setting. At this point I don't even care if it's modded, I just want it to work again.

Can anyone please post working links to things I need to get it working again, if nothing else. All help would be greatly appreciated.

kcerica

Mar 27, 2013
If you still need help I can give you the links I used for clockwork mod (bootable) & the guide I used

I got the cwm file from here-
http://www.multiurl.com/s/1SNp

And I used these guides-
This is the guide I followed with the dead links-
www.multiurl.com/s/1SNq (androidforum)

And I used the instructions to update clockwork mod by downloading the attached zip file at the bottom of post one and following the directions under "old instructions" at the end of the post & only had to do step 4 which was just extracting the zip file & renaming the
2 files and copying it to the clockwork mod card I made using the instructions instructions from the other link
www.multiurl.com/s/1SNr (XDA)

It was very easy and didn't take long at all even though looking at the post makes it look like it would take a long time. The post from androidcentral was very helpful, was easy to follow, & even had pictures. Do a google search to get the link for win32 (if you don't already have it) because the link for that was dead too. I think I found it in the sourceforge.net win32 archives. If you can get clockwork mod to come on you'll be able to fix anything & wipe your nook or reinstall a stock image.

....Sorry about the multi URL links I had saved them to one link when I saved all if the links I used-
http://www.multiurl.com/l/efJ

Sent from my pretty xparent purple tapatalk