Not able to copy files larger than 50 - 100 Mb from internal storage to microSD card

jtyler

Oct 23, 2012
Hi all,

Hoping someone can provide some insight into this problem.
I have a SGT 7.7 (SG-P6800) which has been upgraded to ICS 4.04 with a 32GB Sandisk "Mobile ultra" UHS class 1 microSD card installed.
When I try to copy files larger than around 50 - 100 Mb from the internal storage to the microSD card using various file managers installed on the tablet, I get a message that the file transfer operation has failed. After this occurs, the file system on the SD card appears to be corrupted, as various programs can't find files that should be there. Curiously enough, a power cycle of the tablet restores the file system on the SD card. I've tried many file managers, including the stock "my files", Astro, Androzip and ES file manager all with similar results. I've also tried reformatting the SD card using the "format SD card" utility in settings with no improvement. I seem to have no problems copying large files to the SD card using my computer, so it appears unlikely that the SD card is the problem. I'm able to copy smaller files from the internal storage of the tablet to the microSD card without encountering these problems, and I experience no other problems using the SD card.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

JT

d0s25

Oct 27, 2012
I have the exactly same issue with micro SD. I just have experienced more cards. My old 4gb micro SD has no issue but the new and fast (class 10, uhs-1, etc) 64gb and 32gb have the same problem as JT's. Can anyone help?