Notepad App?

boot

May 11, 2012
Hello, I'm new to the Nook Color and I'm kind of disappointed with the size of the app store they have. Is there a good (reliable (not virus-y)) website for other apps? I don't want to root it because I wouldn't know what I'm doing, so I guess the Amazon app store is out of the picture?

What about a notepad-like app? Like the Sticky Note program on Windows 7, just for quick notes? Anything like that out there? If there was, is there a way to get it onto the Nook? Or does it HAVE to go through the BN store if not rooted?

Edit: I was looking at the app store on my computer, but it looks like a lot more show up when you're actually on the Nook, so that's alright. I'd still like to know what anyone would recommend though!

Last edited:

boot

May 11, 2012
Only have time to glance before I go to bed so I'll just ask; all I need is a normal card, and if I take it out it's back to normal? I don't see it specified just quickly looking (I'll actually read it tomorrow) but is there a specific size I'd need?

Thanks!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Size doesn't really matter though the bigger the better usually. The OS takes up about 3GB and the rest is yours to use. So I recommend 8GB or more. Also you want to make sure you get a SanDisk class 4 card since they run the fastest (faster than higher classes actually).

As far as how the card works yes, power down insert the card power up and boot into a full tablet. Power down remove the card power back up and you are totally stock. The best of both worlds :)

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
When I opened this thread it opened on this sentence and for a moment I thought I was in another forum or something. :-D
Words have sooooo many meanings!!!!
Samsung Galaxy Note

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1338605734135.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1338605734135.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,210

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
When I opened this thread it opened on this sentence and for a moment I thought I was in another forum or something. :-D
Words have sooooo many meanings!!!!
Samsung Galaxy Note

And some truths are universal regardless of subject, are they not? ;)