Notifications Bar and Disappearing Apps/Processes

gsutton

Feb 2, 2011
I have a recurring problem that is really aggravating. Almost all of my "Ongoing" processes/apps displayed in the "Notifications Bar" keep disappearing and I have to start them up again manually. This happens at various times after I have booted and often (not always) right after I have placed the NC into "standby mode". Any ideas as to why this keeps happening? I have autorooted stock 1.1.0. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

gsutton

Feb 2, 2011
I did not want to "bump" my post upward, but I continue to have the problem with my NC and I am sure that an answer is "out there". Any ideas are appreciated. In order to place the various processes/apps back into the Notifications Bar after the NC is started up, I have placed the same apps on a dedicated screen in my GO Launcher. That way I can just go to the screen and click on the individual apps to start them back up, But there should be a better way to automatically load them. Thanks again for any ideas.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Can you llist some of the apps that You want to apprear but that aren't? On rooted 1.1 the notifications have to be opened by tapping the notification icon in the lower left.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
If you have any Task Killer/Battery Saver apps, look at their settings. I had one installed a while back that was killing everything in sight and causing the same problem you're having until I got rid of it. Apparently, the theory was that if nothing is running your battery will last a long time. :)

gsutton

Feb 2, 2011
Can you llist some of the apps that You want to apprear but that aren't? On rooted 1.1 the notifications have to be opened by tapping the notification icon in the lower left.

Thanks for the reply. Whenever I tap the notification icon, the various apps that had been loaded upon startup often disappear and may or may not reload the next time I start up the NC. The various apps at present include weatherbug, SetCPU, Process Manager, Taskbar, Home Manager, and others. It seems to me as if some script or startup file is being mis-loaded when the NC starts up. Any ideas are welcomed.

gsutton

Feb 2, 2011
If you have any Task Killer/Battery Saver apps, look at their settings. I had one installed a while back that was killing everything in sight and causing the same problem you're having until I got rid of it. Apparently, the theory was that if nothing is running your battery will last a long time. :)

Thanks for the reply. I will check out any battery saver apps I may have. Thanks!

gsutton

Feb 2, 2011

It looks like my problem was caused by Quick System Pro. After stopping it under NookColorTools>Running Services, the apps under the Notifications bar no longer disappear when the NC is put on standby. Thanks to all who responded.

EDIT: It appears this was unsuccessful, as everything disappears after a backup with MyBackup, but it is otherwise rare.

Sent from my NookColor eReader Tablet

Last edited: