Notifications won't go away

Zina_berry

Dec 5, 2011
Notifications about downloads keep coming back even after i've deleted them. How do i delete them for good?

Both methods of deletion have been used.

Also, is there a way/widget/app that will put notifications on the tablet screen rather than on the top edge? My protector makes it hard to get to.

Thx!

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Klingercrazy

Dec 7, 2011
I have had same issue - thought maybe I was missing delete button. I am refering to the asteric next to the clock & battery icon. I still have things listed since day 1.

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
Afaik download notifications keep comeing back untilled u click them, that's the same on my cm7 galaxy s...

----------------------------------------
tapatalked from GalaxyS

Klingercrazy

Dec 7, 2011
Possible fix: clear download manager cache

Go to: Settings -> Applications -> All ->

Scroll down to DOWNLOAD MANAGER

push -> Clear data

Been a while and so far its still clear.

Klingercrazy

Dec 7, 2011
Still working - but there should be an easier way, more user friendly way of clearing contents. When clicking the "x" just clears the notification not the contents of the notification. My fix above still seems to have fixed the problem. Hope it helps.

Zina_berry

Dec 5, 2011
Umgixxer, I'm referring mainly to download notifications. And no, my tablet is not rooted. I talked to my computer son and he said I am not so technical that it needs to be rooted and to leave it as is, especially for the warranty.

Klingercrazy, I got as far as to click the "clear data" button but it gives the following message: "All of this application's data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts, databases and so on." Did you find it deleted anything you didn't want to delete?

Deleting scares me! :O

Klingercrazy

Dec 7, 2011
No it didnt delete anything I needed. BUT if you just downlaoded or are currently downloading something I would wait to clear it. Using this inside an application itself will clear only the information stored by that app itself. In this case clearing this apps cached info will clear any information regarding downloads you have or attempted to make. If you have downloaded a family photo for example, make sure the photo is saved in youe photos folder before you delete its corresponding notification.

Zina_berry

Dec 5, 2011
Thank you and also to those who didn't mind saying they had the same problem. Good to know it's not just me! :)

loisvcamp

Sep 9, 2011
I am new to the forum, so forgive me if this is old. I have 28 upload notifications from Google Drive that will not go away. I tried the Clear Data suggestion, and they are still there, but that was apparently for downloads. Is there a newer thread on this Topic? Thanks

Last edited:

Sechriest

Jan 12, 2012
If you are talking about the download notifications, you can permanently get rid of them by accessing "Downloads" within your Web browser. Once you pull up the list of downloads in the browser, select them and delete. Once deleted in the browser, they'll stop showing up in your notifications.

You may also want to check the browser settings to stop the new ones too.

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
No, they are talking about the new Google Docs program, They updated the program to Google Drive. I have found that when the program is running, its notification box is uncloseable. Instructions should still be the same. Got to Settings > Notifications, then find the Google Drive tab, and then uncheck the box next to the name. That should block all future Notifications.

loisvcamp

Sep 9, 2011
Thanks, Conspirator. I turned off the Drive Notifications, and that got rid of the old ones, too. Yeah!