Novo7 Elf WIFI-tethering problem

Chrille

Jan 24, 2012
I recently got my Elf with ICS 4.0.1. It´s a nice device but it´s not without problems. Most of it depends on ICS, i think.

I did the market fix and this works fine. The most annoying problem is that it wont work with WIFI-tethering. My phone (Sony Ericsson Xperia mini) has WIFI-tethering built in, and it works fine with other tablets, computers and everything i tested before.

When i tried with my Elf it does not work. The Elf connects and are telling me that it is connected but the conneciton does not work. The web-browser cant load any pages and Android Market does not work. I have tried with both WPA2 PSK-encryption and with no encryption but this does not solve anything.
The Elf connects and is working fine when connected to my Tp-link router.

Does anybody know a solution to this problem? (besides downgrading to 2.3.4 or upgrading to the sluggish 4.0.3)

Last edited:

Chrille

Jan 24, 2012
Problem solved, i think. I longpressed the wifi-connection in my Elfs settings and tapped change. I then tapped advanced, and changed the DHCP-setting to static. I saw that the gateway-ip and the DNS-ip wasn´t in the same "range" so i changed the DNS setting (to 192.168.43.1 instead of 192.168.1.1) and saved this. Then the connection started to work. Now i wonder why this setting was faulty? Is it the phone or the Elf doing this faulty when the setting is DHCP? As stated earlier the Wifi-tethering from my phone works with a lot of another tablets and computers without problems.

mlettier

Jan 7, 2012
I just got the same unit and i was disappointed that all things are in chinese instructions . I also get alot of crashes when i set up my e-mail account i reset the unit many times . the reason i trying to talk to you are (You did the market fix) I assume that means you get the android market .. Please tell me hoe you achieved this Thank you matthew J Lettieri e-mail [email protected]

Chrille

Jan 24, 2012
I followed this guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P-siFr_Qwk

I
had a little problem at first with the ADB-drivers for my computer. This was because i have Windows 7 64-bit. The drivers in the "youtube-links" are only for 32-bits windows-versions.
If you have a 32-bits windows-version (XP, Vista, or 7) the drivers in the links works good. Otherwise you have to get some other drivers before you can install the script. I used this version:
http://www.mediafire...4hd27l869mm48hq , found in this thread: [Driver] - Ainol Novo 7 Advanced - Thanks KingKephin! - SlateDroid.com

Good luck!