Nwxus 7-13 doesn't harge from Phone Chargers?

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I have a phone charger with a "micro-USB" connector, and it will charge the phone every time you plug it into the phone. But whe I try to charge the tablet, the phone charger doesn't usually work.

If I use the USB data cable I got with the tablet or any other USB-powered cable, I get the charging icon every time.

Is there some kind of difference between a "phone charger" micro-USB and the USB data cable connection? That would explain things. I even got a new phone charger (from eBay) and it does the same thing!

I would really like a reliable way to charge the tablet and phone using the same micro-USB connection? The power strip is full, and I don't want to be tied to a computer all the time just to charge the tablet.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I use my phone charger to charge my tablet, also use tablet cable to charge the phone.
They the same cables.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
the phone charger doesn't usually work.

The voltage and/or the amperage provided are probably different between the charger and the USB. However, if it works sometimes, that sounds like a bad connection.

I would really like a reliable way to charge the tablet and phone using the same micro-USB connection?

Why not use the tablet charger to charge both?

Music

Feb 5, 2011
The tablet charger wall module is so big it takes up space for three phone chargers? It's from my Huawei S7, and puts out 2A.

USB ports on a PC are supposed to output only about 800ma, and the phone chargers give 600ma, so it ought to work, no? It's best to charge the battery slowly, anyway.

I dug up all the chargers and data cables I have and tried them all. Only the data cables will charge the tablet. Maybe a trip to Radio Shack will turn up something usable, if I can get the annoying sales girl to understand I'm not charging a phone!