obataining ip adress

sandyrevs

Nov 29, 2012
Hi,
recently purchased a Mid tablet pc and having issues connecting to my wifi.
Everything else in my house connects to my router without a problem (phones/laptops/ps3/xbox etc)
When tying to connect all i get is "obtaining ip"
any help would be great.

Mid Tablet pc
SoftwinerEvb
android 4.0.4
baseband 1.5
kernal version 3.0.8+

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Android tablets seem to be the oddball on some networks, despite other devices working. There are several things you can try including a restart of the router and changing the channel but I have other suggestions in a link below in my sig.

Reenee

Dec 28, 2012
Have you managed to sort the problem Sandyrevs, I have a similar tablet and experiencing the same problems. Brought as xmas pressies and cant even use it. You would think it would be simple as just about everything else is connected to the router...

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Have you managed to sort the problem Sandyrevs, I have a similar tablet and experiencing the same problems. Brought as xmas pressies and cant even use it. You would think it would be simple as just about everything else is connected to the router...

I have to ask, did you read my thread on WiFi problems?

Reenee

Dec 28, 2012
yes i have tried resetting the router WRT54GS Linksys, changing the security from WPA2 to WEP to no security. And still no luck. I have tried to connect it to a router from a mobile shop nearby and it worked. But i dont know what he did to make it work. What else can i try? Is it because the tablet is not a known brand that i am having these problems?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
yes i have tried resetting the router WRT54GS Linksys, changing the security from WPA2 to WEP to no security. And still no luck. I have tried to connect it to a router from a mobile shop nearby and it worked. But i dont know what he did to make it work. What else can i try? Is it because the tablet is not a known brand that i am having these problems?

No, the problem is still something in the router. That router shouldn't be a problem at all. My next suggestion is a factory default reset of the router and start configuring it from scratch.