Ola' from California!

Mezzavo

Mar 17, 2011
Hi folks! Haven't purchased one yet but am doing EXTENSIVE research! My biggest obstacle is Flash...which puts me in the Froyo category at a minimum.

Actually, my needs are quite simple...all I want this for is to browse the web, play farmville and MAYBE put an e-mail app on it...it's for my wife and that will be what she will do. Ah, it also must not be as insanely expensive as the iPad...I also only need it with WiFi. lol

So, I will be reading every once I can get on up and coming items! I look forward to absorbing everyone's knowledge and wisdom.

But enough of that...Hi to you all!!!!

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
Como estas, amigo! I'm in about the same boat as you, though I have had my dvice for about a month now. I bought a WITSA81G because I could get Froyo in a device with good manufacturer and community support as well as a removable/replacable battery. The exploit to access market worked perfectly and rooting was easily done with Z4Root. Kind of wish I had opted for a capacitive disply, but really it isn't that big of a deal, and my wife really likes the little device, so maybe I will hand it down to her when I get whatever I decide to replace this one with. For now I am just trying to use the device and learn as much as I can about the OS. I expect to play with this one for a year or so and then replace, probably with a 3.0 capacitive device.

Anyhow, welcome. I have found a lot of helpful information here.