onda 701 not working

ferxx26

Jan 4, 2013
Hi this is my first post, my name is Fernando and I'm from Argentina.
Of course I appreciate the help you can give me.
excuse my English.

Buy a tablet onda 701. When he switched it on the android is white and does nothing more, try to do a hard reset (home pres pres for 4 seconds then pres power on) but does not work.
Try to connect via USB to pc, and pc detects but say ( not recognized)

Thanks.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi, welcome to the site, download the file below, it is the 1.5.5 firmware, drag the "USB-Burning-tool-SPI" folder to your desktop then drag the "Resource.V701D_v1.5.5.hld" file to the "USB-Burning-tool-SPI" folder you just put on desktop.
Now switch off the tablet and connect it to the pc, needs to be Windows Xp 32bit or Windows 7 32bit run the USB program (you can change the language in top left of main window) then with the tablet, HOLD home key for 4 seconds then still Holding home key hold power key until the USB program picks up the tablet, now select "CONFIG" tab and choose "Import upgrade" and in the window select the "Resource.V701D_v1.5.5.hld" and then start the process.

Firmware - http://file2.mydrivers.com/ondata/download/driver/oamp3/V701D/V701D_v1.5.5.zip

Last edited:

felsar

Dec 18, 2012
hello there... I have a problem with my onda v701... for some reason it's stuck at recovery :/

When I turn on tablet it shows white android, then shows the ONDA logo, after that it goes back to white android and then enters recovery, never actually boots up...

any ideas?

-EDIT- It was my mistake, keeping SDcard inserted at reboot will bring you to recovery...

Now another problema I have is, I did reapplied the "update" so I loose Gapps... and I cant get them back using the zips from here... Gapps_signed is not working :/

-EDIT- Nevermind.... I was using the wrong zip :p my mistake

Last edited:

colinyoung

Nov 30, 2012
I had the same problem. this fix worked great. Sucks that you have to download all the apps again but at least it works. Thanks again.