Onda Tablet PC V701 Touch Screen Digitizer Panel Replacement Dual Core Edition...

ivystone

Nov 29, 2012
Just broke the touch screen on my tablet, it still works. I have a new screen on order. Wondering if anyone has opened up an Onda v701 and what problems I might run into. Tried finding something on U-Tube but found nothing. If anyone has any tips that you have learned during your experience I would appreciate the help and information.

altheamae64

Dec 20, 2012
Hi there,

I have seen a guy open an ONDA Vi40 on a YouTube vid but sadly he took off the bottom. It's actually glued on which I found a bit shocking! :eek: I've seen guides (on YouTube) about getting the screens off of iPads and am pretty sure that the general principles are the same??

I'm assuming you've also bought a set of prize tools? From what I saw, you'll need loads of the things that look like guitar plectrums to keep the screen from dropping back closed as you prize it open. Another thing the guy stressed was to take extra care when you're at the parts of the screen where the sockets are. He advised caution.

Lastly, he said that he wasn't really concerned about breaking the pins as he prized the old one off, as (obviously) it will be replaced with new ones, but you mustn't forget to get all of the bits out if any pins break! ;)

Good luck with it - wishing you every success :cool: