onda v701 older model

mvanschaack

May 20, 2014
I need some help with my onda v701 only have manual in chinese. I charge unit, battery icon appears in center of screen for about 30 sec. I turn power on and robot appears, then after 1 min onda logo appears 30sec, then android rising appears for 1min then back to robot. tried pushing and holding reset button, tried pushing and holding power and volume button. NOTHING serial #v701d8d1v5a02015 I have power button and earphone jack on one side and sd-hdmi-mini usb-reset-volume on the other. thanks

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi mvanschaack, congratulations on your Onda V701 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. try one of the factory reset methods suggested here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/62022-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-tablet.html. If there are no instructions there for your tablet, try some of the methods for other tablets. One of them will probably work and you won't hurt anything by trying as long as the tablet has a good charge or is plugged in. I'm also moving your thread to the Onda Tablet Forum for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

mvanschaack

May 20, 2014
I downloaded the latest firmware from onda website. How do i install it. Do i just use the patch and update files thru sd card. Upon trying that the patch transferred but the update failed. What next v701d