Onda V811 - v2.0 firmware (android 4.1.1)

lovelock

Nov 17, 2012
Hello,
I'm new in the forum and I'd like to say you that you can now download new firmware for our Onda V811 (v2.0) :D. I think it updates to android 4.1.1 too.

ONDA

Buy

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi and welcome to the forum thanks for the link and if you need anything just ask, a good bunch of peeps on here!

lovelock

Nov 17, 2012
Thank you iiDiabolusZz, I supose I'll have lots of thinks to ask you (this will be my first tablet).

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Thats no problem, its a great site and good people, you will have no problems getting answers here, just noticed your status as waiting for onda v811, let us no when you get it and we will get it running as it should.

FlyMD11

Nov 18, 2012
I'm new here too!

I updated to the 2.0 ROM. I haven't played with it a whole lot, but I haven't experienced any serious glitches so far.

The only issue I have is this ROM is not rooted like the previous ROMs. A user on Slatedroid has reported that TPSparkyroot, SuperOneClick or ZhouDashi will not root this ROM.

Anyone have suggestions as to how we may get root?

asjohnston3

Oct 10, 2012
Ditto.... I had my 811 rooted w/ 1.5.5 using the tool provided by iiDiabolusZz elsewhere on this forum. (Many thanks!) I tried multiple variations of the SD card method with 2.0 without success. I finally had to use the Amlogic Flash tool with a Win7/32 PC. The 1st attempt froze up at 69% and my tablet was zombified. (no white bot, no reset, just dead, dead, dead.....) I ran it again, starting the tool as "Administrator" & it worked. However.... it removed the root! If anyone knows a workaround to root one of the Amlogic A9 dual core Onda tablets w/ 4.1, I would really appreciate the info.

hmaki

Nov 22, 2012
I got today an Onda V811 and eagerly wanted to update it to 2.0. And it became a total nightmare. The update tool had some hiccups although I followed google-translated instructions as well as I could. After many trials I managed to get update progressing, but then at quite late steps (20/23) it faced some errors and eventually halted. Now the tablet doesn't anymore go the flashing mode (device recognised by Windows etc.), just the white droid coming up and the recovery menu.

Alas, the BIGGG problem is that V811 doesn't have volume buttons, there is no way to move the highlight in the menu. I've tried everything. Touch input does nothing, home-button just toggles screen blank, and power button boots the device, and brings the menu back.

It seems I managed to brick the device... :(

I wonder if it's possibe to connect a USB keyboard to the USB port and move the highlight that way. But being in the boot menu, I could easily guess that it doesn't work even if it worked when OS is completely booted up.

Man, next time I buy some real brand and avoid these Chinese crap. Unless, someone is able to help me out here...

asjohnston3

Oct 10, 2012
Don't Panic! :p We can fix this! It sounds like you tried to use the Amlogic Flashing Tool. It has several problems. Go to this thread...

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...l-onda-sd-card-firmware-installer-v1-0-a.html

(Once again, many thanks to iiDiabolousZz for all the time put in on this!!!!)

Follow the directions. If you have any questions or problems, don't worry, you came to the right place. There are lots of very talented folks here who will help you get your 811 running so well, it will be the envy of all your friends w/ Ipad Mini's. Yes, it's a little more involved but, at least for me, that's part of the fun. I haven't enjoyed myself so much since I upgraded my 1st PC, an IBM 8086, with a 10 Mb. Hard drive!
Oh, BTW.. You may have already figured this out, but just in case, The "home button" cycles between options on 801 & 811's and the "power" button selects. Also I put up an update on rooting the 811 here...

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/onda-tablet-forum/49908-v811-4-1-v2-0-rooting-2.html

It's towards the end. Good luck!

Last edited:

hmaki

Nov 22, 2012
I'm impressed. That worked! I didn't yet root the device though.

The firmware is missing some apps, notably the Google Play etc. Onda resource update zip contained also a patch.zip. Is that of any use?

Update

Reading that other thread revealed that some other person had also been wondering that and had found another version of factory_update_param.aml, which installed both root.zip and patch.zip. I didn't find such file, but manually edited it to install both. And it did so.

Great forum this!

Last edited: