Onda V972 v1 32gb somebody please help!!!

djharvy

May 10, 2013
I am new to this tablet craze and dont understand all this flash the tablet lingo. I have received an onda v972 v1 32gb as a present but it is the worst tablet I have ever seen. When I opened it and tried to go onto youtube it would play sound and not video. Also it was not connecting to my wifi at times. I contacted the onda site and they told me to upgrade the software. I installed 2.3 firmware. This made the problem worse. The clock was not showing properly, the wifi was worse and I was getting the error android.process.acore on the screen.

I contacted onda again. They told me to install firmware 2.0 which I did twice! Now it is working faster but hardly connects to wifi. I get wifi for about 10 seconds then it cuts off. I feel like smashing this tablet and putting it in the bin. Also facebook does not work on it.

Can anyone help or do I need to throw it away and get an ipad?

Onda are no longer replying to my messages

turion64

May 14, 2013
djharvy:

Go to this site's thread and flash kasty-onda v972 V1-422 v23 beta-rooted6 firmaware (use the V2 version if you have a Version 2 972 tablet. Also, try changing your router's security setting to WPA-TKIP instead of WPA2. Another thing you can do is go to Google Play and download any of the CPU Govenor Apps...set the CPU speed just below 1200. Hope this helps