Onda Vi40 Elite A10 V1.2 firmware with OTA Upgrading

macthecat

May 16, 2012
Onda released Onda Vi40 Elite A10 V1.2 firmware and OTA online upgrading function is added.

1.ATTENTION: The firmware is for Vi40 Elite V3 Edition ONLY, the eighth and ninth SN numbers are the edition numbers. At the moment it's still the realease candidate version so is still quite buggy and does not work with all market apps, also the link is very slow but stick with it it does work, hopfully they will sort out a final version quite quickly but until then!

2.Download link: http://file2.mydrivers.com/ondata/download/driver/oamp3/00/Vi40_V3_v1.2rc2_0522.zip

3.Onda Vi40 Elite V3_V1.2 Firmware Updates:

1. Refined system details.
  2. OTA upgrade function added.
  3. What is OTA upgrade ? OTA is Over-the-Air download technology, the latest system upgrading method. The technology enables user downloads firmware on the tablet and the system updates automatically. The process is simple enough and every Onda user can update the firmware themselves.

They will no dought be modders who can work wonders with this hopefully they will include a market fix to allow better access to the google play market, looking forward to the improvment.

creektrails

Jun 24, 2012
macthecat said:
Onda released Onda Vi40 Elite A10 V1.2 firmware and OTA online upgrading function is added.

1.ATTENTION: The firmware is for Vi40 Elite V3 Edition ONLY, the eighth and ninth SN numbers are the edition numbers. At the moment it's still the realease candidate version so is still quite buggy and does not work with all market apps, also the link is very slow but stick with it it does work, hopfully they will sort out a final version quite quickly but until then!

2.Download link: http://file2.mydrivers.com/ondata/download/driver/oamp3/00/Vi40_V3_v1.2rc2_0522.zip

3.Onda Vi40 Elite V3_V1.2 Firmware Updates:

[*]Refined system details.
[*]OTA upgrade function added.
[*]What is OTA upgrade ? OTA is Over-the-Air download technology, the latest system upgrading method. The technology enables user downloads firmware on the tablet and the system updates automatically. The process is simple enough and every Onda user can update the firmware themselves.

They will no dought be modders who can work wonders with this hopefully they will include a market fix to allow better access to the google play market, looking forward to the improvment.

I am noobman. I downloaded the file but what now?

GAZ_svk

May 23, 2012
creektrails, I do not recommend this firmware yet, since it`s only an Release Candidate and a bunch of people already tested it and said it`s better to stay with 1.1 for now. You should wait some more for the proper 1.2, or even better, modified 1.2 from some of the better modders. If you want a good firmware, try MikeOz 1.1.1 minimal rom, vanilla 1.1, TNT 1.1 or some other modded fw, these I think are the best. You can find a guide on TNT page How to Upgrade the Onda Vi40 Elite | Top Notch Tablets , watch out for your version of tablet though, v1 or v3, most of the firmware is for the v3. Or if you want a more detailed guide, google ColonelZap onda vi40 firmware guide

macthecat

May 16, 2012
GAZ_svk said:
creektrails, I do not recommend this firmware yet, since it`s only an Release Candidate and a bunch of people already tested it and said it`s better to stay with 1.1 for now. You should wait some more for the proper 1.2, or even better, modified 1.2 from some of the better modders. If you want a good firmware, try MikeOz 1.1.1 minimal rom, vanilla 1.1, TNT 1.1 or some other modded fw, these I think are the best. You can find a guide on TNT page How to Upgrade the Onda Vi40 Elite | Top Notch Tablets , watch out for your version of tablet though, v1 or v3, most of the firmware is for the v3. Or if you want a more detailed guide, google ColonelZap onda vi40 firmware guide

As I said it's still buggy, but it won't be long until one of the modders work these out, I ran it for a week or but went back to v1.1, it has many good points but is a wotk in progress

imeirson

Jul 6, 2012
My Onda Vi40e is at firmware v1.2rcOTA.
Today I have tried OTA update and it found that there is a new firmware - v1.4rc3.
I have tried to download it a few times but after the download of the 111.253MB properly completes, an error mesage states there was an error downloading.
After searching the Onda site it seems that this update is intended for the Vi40 ultimate and not the elite version I have.
It seems that the new OTA update errorneously identifies the ultimate update as viable update for the elite...
I would appreciate any comments or observation other people have had with this issue.

nigel6600

Jul 6, 2012
I also have had this problem ive been on onda`s web site and there is a download for the Vi40 Ultimate (v1.4rc3) my question? what r the chances for flashing my elite with this upgrade would it work ?
anyone tried it ?
or will it just totally mess it up anyone brave (stupid) enough to try
im a coward

ameen35

Apr 24, 2012
My Onda Vi40e is at firmware v1.2rcOTA.
Today I have tried OTA update and it found that there is a new firmware - v1.4rc3.
I have tried to download it a few times but after the download of the 111.253MB properly completes, an error mesage states there was an error downloading.
After searching the Onda site it seems that this update is intended for the Vi40 ultimate and not the elite version I have.
It seems that the new OTA update errorneously identifies the ultimate update as viable update for the elite...
I would appreciate any comments or observation other people have had with this issue.

Hi

I have also the same issue, any advice?