Onda Vi40 Elite Flash Support Missing

dynamata

Mar 1, 2012
I bought an Onda Vi40 Elite 9.7 Inch IPS screen Android 4.0 ICS A10 Tablet direct from China. The Tablet is good except it does not support Flash & will not play YouTube videos, also FLV files will not play despite being supported in the specs:

Flash: No
Video: 1080P HD Support 3GP, MP4, FLV, MPEG 1/2/4, AVI, MPG, AVI Format

According to dealer tech support an O.S upgrade will not enable Flash, I like the Tablet & don't want to return it. Is there any way to resolve these issues, will Flash support be available for Android 4.0 in the near future? :confused:

dynamata

Mar 1, 2012
Apparently upgrading to the latest firmware v.08 should fix the Flash problem.

Sweep29

Nov 10, 2010
Have you tested it? Does it fix the problems with watching flash videos via Youtube and Netflix?

Hi,
i bought a similar spec tablet from china called ONN M3 and it plays flash and youtube vids with no problems.
my only concern is that it appears to be slow running and often freezes.
apart fom not having the FULL MARKET either (by that, i mean certain apps are not there to download ie angry birds, angrybirds Rio and it wont allow me to instal a paid for app - Beautiful Widgets
On the whole, its not too bad....

gooof

Jun 30, 2012
So, when I initially tried to install v1.4 on my Elite (which is said by the onda-tablet.com website to apply to the Ultimate edition, not the Elite edition), I got an error message about the update.

When I tried to force the install of v1.4 (by using LiveSuit) I got a Dead Droid icon, and after reboot, About showed that the update to 1.4 had not taken, and was not done.

Then, I tried this: Backup the whole internal SD card, do a "format" install of v1.2 with LiveSuit, then BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE, immediately do a 1.4 update with LiveSuit. Finally restore the internal SD card.

Now, Netflix never freezes, and I get FULL MARKET (ie. I never see "this device not supported").