Online Android Market - market.android.com

hardcorehavok

Jan 29, 2011
Google launched an online market today. You can visit it at: market.android.com. Delivery is wireless. I have tried downloading apps from my computer and my Kyros. A lot of apps say that my device is not compatible. The one that are, say they will be delivered soon. I am guessing that since my device is not rooted and does not have the market on it, I will not receive the downloads. Anyone working on a work around? Preferably without rooting.

androidjim

Jan 27, 2011
Is it just me, or did Google go out and hire some designers? This new market looks amazing and very un-google-like!

I'd imagine that you won't be able to get the apps on your Kyros without rooting it though ...

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Google launched an online market today. You can visit it at: market.android.com. Delivery is wireless. I have tried downloading apps from my computer and my Kyros. A lot of apps say that my device is not compatible. The one that are, say they will be delivered soon. I am guessing that since my device is not rooted and does not have the market on it, I will not receive the downloads. Anyone working on a work around? Preferably without rooting.

I don't think your going to get them... I f you look under where it says my account it shows settings on the first page there. I go there it shows every phone linked to your email. So since i had my tablet rooted it shows my Coby and Epic on my account... If it doesn't show it there then theres no way for your tablet to receive the apps...

Pollydroid

Jan 13, 2011
I've been locked out from the Android market. Keep getting something about a mismatch certificate. This signup is a big headache

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
I've been locked out from the Android market. Keep getting something about a mismatch certificate. This signup is a big headache

When did this happen? I changed the settings from phone to tablet and downloaded 2 apps. first i thought it wasn't working but when i checked my tablet from the market it was loading them. they were pretty big files 14mbs so it took time but they both went through and worked.
App #1 Talking tom #2 talking roby... I was able to record,playback and interacted with them.

Was just on the market and came across samething with a app. I was able to download to my phone but not the tablet. But I also tried to download a app that wasn't compatible with any device. I then just tried Astral Commander Lite and this app was combatible for both my phone and tablet. So i think the app you were trying to download just doesn't work with the tablet. You can try the market from your tablet to see if the app will show up but if not then the tablet can't handle the app.

Last edited:

Pollydroid

Jan 13, 2011
hi sndplace, this was friday when i tried just to sign in. Haven't tried yet. It's got to be a google account problem, that i don't understand. My name came up, the market page came up. scrolled down and choose an app, tried the download. Then it locked me out, after that i couldn't even get the page back. Typed in my password THEN it sent a message about mismatch. Oh, thx for trying an answer for this. p.s. I can't make ph calls on my kyros that I know of.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
No problem... The tablet can't make calls. There is away to text from it, But I haven't tried that yet. Do you have a Android phone? If so, has it affected that account?

applewhite29

Feb 5, 2011
There is a work around to making calls on the tab. See the samsung galaxy tab forum for instructions. I just did it to my tab yday.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tablet

Pollydroid

Jan 13, 2011
No I don't have an android phone. If phone accounts are all google will deal with, then I guess i'll try applewhite29's idea. Tried again yesterday, got to the android market tried to download and spent the rest of the time searching on help (found nothing there for kyros coby's.0 So, i'll spend time searching this answer on google help. THE APPLIB works fine so far but hate to be limited to just that. You'd think google would help us android users out more, afterall we do use the internet.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
There is a work around to making calls on the tab. See the samsung galaxy tab forum for instructions. I just did it to my tab yday.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tablet

Your saying we can make calls fron the coby tablet? I don't see how that would be possible. Please post a link to that thread thanks.

[QUOTE Pollydroid:No I don't have an android phone. If phone accounts are all google will deal with, then I guess i'll try applewhite29's idea. Tried again yesterday, got to the android market tried to download and spent the rest of the time searching on help (found nothing there for kyros coby's.0 So, i'll spend time searching this answer on google help. THE APPLIB works fine so far but hate to be limited to just that. You'd think google would help us android users out more, afterall we do use the internet.

Have you tried going to your gmail account thru Google.com see if you can atleast check your mail. Also , you are rooted correct? The market doesn't come on your tablet you have to root first then install the market to your tablet and then you can gain access to the apps that way.

Check out the sticky's on how to root if your not yet.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
No I don't have an android phone. If phone accounts are all google will deal with, then I guess i'll try applewhite29's idea. Tried again yesterday, got to the android market tried to download and spent the rest of the time searching on help (found nothing there for kyros coby's.0 So, i'll spend time searching this answer on google help. THE APPLIB works fine so far but hate to be limited to just that. You'd think google would help us android users out more, afterall we do use the internet.

Read the stickies at the top and root your tablet. Then you'll have the Android Market.

Pollydroid

Jan 13, 2011
my, i have read that and understand my tablets. rooted as to the info on the kyros (20101124-3) i think you said that meant it was rooted. Now should i just go and get the gapps-passion etc. fiole and download to my computer? Then put it on internal memory? Will i have to reroot? Little confussed on this step and really don't know if i reset it back to factory setting i'll lose everything i've already set up?