Open Home "not enough room on this screen"?

Trauma

Dec 12, 2010
On a completely empty screen, if i try and put a widget on, i get the message "not enogh room on this screen". It doesnt happen with all widgets, just most. I know that the widgets will (or should) fit because they fit before open home. Is there a setting to do this? Am i missing something? Or is it just a open home issue?

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
I use Beautiful Widgets and noticed it happening with larger sized widgets (4x4).

Try removing or emptying everything off the screen including the Google Search bar (if its on that page), any icons, folders, shortcuts or other widgets. Then place the widget in question, and position everything else you want on the screen after.

Basically place the widget causing problems first. If the error still occurs there's probably an issue with the sizing of the widget. If you can't change the size as a last resort, then you're probably SOL. :(

Sent from my MID7015

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Whats the widget your trying to put on? Is it one you downloaded or is it any widget? I able to put widgets nope problem.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
have you tried a new home replacement like adw launcher, tag home, go launcher, launcher pro, or zeam launcher? one of those might help

Trauma

Dec 12, 2010
Both downloaded and preinstalled. Even the "power" widget wont fit on a completely empty screen, but the one from Current Weather - The Weather Network fitss. So does "retroclock and retrodate". But even the open home widgets them selves wont go on. I will try the other apps recommended in the morning though. Thanks for the suggestions