OTG Memory Stick Reader?

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I was traveling, and I took some photos with my camera that uses a memory stick for storage. I thought it would be cool to view the photos on my tablet so I didn't have to wait days before I got home to see the outcome.

My OTG micro SD adapter has a slot that looks like it would accept a Memory stick, but it didn't go in easily, and the OTG application didn't show any files.

So I tried checking eBoo for an OTG adapter/reader for the Memory stick, and found none.

Did I miss something elsewhere? Using the tablet while traveling is great, but it seems you need a PC to read memory cards...

thxZ

Music

Feb 5, 2011
BTW-
I mean a memory stick memory card, not a flashdrive.

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
The OTG cable will read USB equipped devices. You should be able to sync your camera, itself, with your tablet by using the USB cable that came with it.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I tried to plug in a USB memory card reader, and it wasn't detected. Even the USB OTG application couldn't find or read it. The Camera requires special Windows drivers to be able to access it via a wired connection, so it won't do anything for the tablet.

I see that Android 6 will be out sometime. Maybe that will affect the way the USB port works.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I tried to plug in a USB memory card reader, and it wasn't detected. Even the USB OTG application couldn't find or read it. The Camera requires special Windows drivers to be able to access it via a wired connection, so it won't do anything for the tablet.

I see that Android 6 will be out sometime. Maybe that will affect the way the USB port works.
It is either specific to your tablet, or you have an incompatible or bad OTG cable.

davidjan

Jan 14, 2016
You should try this Meenova Dash Micro OTG Reader. It works on tablets and smartphones. Pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Hey Guys!
I found an even better way to move files around, and you can even launch some files direct from a USB flashdrive.

Total Commander is a file manager, and the Dev has a special USB plugin (also bluetooth, WiFi, LAN plugins) that gives you full access to an NTFS- formatted USB flashdrive AND USB (micro SD) card adapters formatted in FAT!. If I can use the things, then any of you can too. :D I have copied files and even folders QUICKLY. No more taking a snooze while files copy- you can watch the % number change so fast you couldn't count along with it. :D (a 2 GB video in about 10 sec.)

The best part is that it's all FREE, but I think I"ll be paying for the full USB-stick plugin to use it when I travel, to download in-car videos.

Last edited: