Out of memory problem when installing from Market

six4nine

Nov 1, 2011
Hello,

I have a strange problem with my S7 Slim. I want to install aprrox. 48 MB game from market and I get the message:

Error with downloading application "......". Insufficient device memory.

When I check in Settings > SD Card and tablet memory - it says that I have 2,36 GB free space.

I moved all installed apps to internal SD card with Application Manager, but after that I still got same problem.

Does anyone of you had such problem?

Thx for any help and answer.

AdamF55

Nov 25, 2011
I'm having exactly the same problem. I bought my tablet yesterday, have tons of space available! I called my local Huawei Tech Support centre...they don't have a clue. If any tech savvy indivdual out there comes up with an answer, it would be GREATLY appreciated ;-)

epo

Oct 31, 2011
Go to settings > sd card & tablet storage
Check ur internal tablet storage 1st... how many mb left...
If lower than 48mb for sure u can't install...
2.36gb is ur internal sd card storage... not tablet storage...
Apps install at internal tablet storage 1st. After installation completed, then u move it to sd card.

U must understand what is ROM, RAM, internal SD card, internal tablet storage & external sd card...

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

six4nine

Nov 1, 2011
OK. I understand it. But when I check the memory in settings I have such situation:

1. Internal storage card - 4.3 GB of free space
2. SD card - 1.8 GB free space - this is micro SD card that you can connect to tablet slot
3. Tablet memory (and this is the ROM I think) - 2.32 GB free.

So, I think that I have free ROM memory (please correct me if I'm wrong), but I can't install larger apps (40 MB and up). Everything is ok with smaller apps. I can install even twenty 4 MB apps without any problem.

MyWorld

Oct 23, 2011
I have the exact same issue, I wonder if it has something to do with the temp folder used to download the market content. I won't have time today to test, but can you reboot the device and try again? Hopefully this will clear all temp folders and give you enough space to download and install the app. Otherwise download it on your PC and transfer the apk to the tablet and try that way?

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Higuys-

I had this problem recently too. I was trying to install an app called Atari's Greatest Hits (3MB) when a message popped up, "Error downloading "Atari's Greatest Hits". There is insufficient space on the device." I immediately installed another app which went OK, so I think there is a problem with that specific app. It isn't a stand-alone app; it is used to buy & install other apps OTA. I think it is a problem wit the app itself.

I have 2.75 GB internal memory FREE
1.93GB SD memory FREE

HTH

wheeqo

Jan 15, 2012
I think maximum downloaded app for this tablet is about 30+ MB. It's influenced by the cache or temporary storage or something like that. It's depends on manufacture specification.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Tapatalk

gabbek

Mar 10, 2012
I think maximum downloaded app for this tablet is about 30+ MB. It's influenced by the cache or temporary storage or something like that. It's depends on manufacture specification.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Tapatalk

The problem is that the cache partition of this device is around 33MB, so can't download larger applications.
But there is a solution: Try Cache Fixer from market.
It worked for me.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
You could download it to your SD memory directly, and install it manually?