Output Tablet to TV

Paperless

Dec 20, 2012
I have a streaming Netflix account that I watch on my TV via my Sony Blu Ray. The Netflix menu on the Blu Ray really stinks since you have to use the remote keypad to punch in information. Searching for something to watch on a laptop or my Samsung tablet is great. Has anyone bought a cable and used their tablet as an input source to a TV? I think I would need to set the input on the TV to A/V. Are there disadvantages to this method?

edap

Dec 12, 2012
You can either buy an HDMI cable to connect to your TV or go wireless and just pop in an HDMI Chromecast stick for $35.

Paperless

Dec 20, 2012
Got my ChromeCast dongle this weekend, they were on backorder all this time. It took just a few minutes to set up. Searching for something to watch in NetFlix is as easy as being on the web now. We tried it from my tablet and my wife's Samsung S3 phone. $35 for a device this easy to use is a deal!

edap

Dec 12, 2012
I contacted Netflix Canada inquiring if they support Chromecast in Canada. They said not as yet but to contact Google directly to get the answer.
My Question was: When will Google offer Chromecast in Canada, so that I will be able to stream my subscription to Netflix Canada?
AIbEiAIAAABDCMjvqvmmvtyOBiILdmNhcmRfcGhvdG8qKDcyMzY4ZTQwNGQ3MTdhNGVjNTkyNzQ4MmM0NzI2M2QyNWU1ZWEyY2YwAdIex5dQK8NyajGTM5O5LQY_l5NN
f20ef006-d6d3-4f6f-aad4-d8c9cafc322b
9c3d7823-72a2-41ed-82ab-6e22ee5d28ab

They answered: Google does not preannounce new features or product availability.
One morning you'll wake up and find that Chromecasts are available.

And, more than a month later, I'm still waiting!!!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
It seems Paperless was way ahead of you edap. He chose to live in Kansas instead of Canada so he could avoid all the delays in getting new products like ChromeCast.:rolleyes:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Question:

Is there a HDMI connection kit for the Note 10.1?

I haven't seen one. And according to Samsung the Note 10.1 doesn't support 30 pin adapter kits. I asked the question of Samsung Support and that is what they told me. But I'm using the 30 pin connector kit with USB - works fine for me.

Paperless

Dec 20, 2012
If possible, I'd recommend using ChromeCast instead.

Me too. It's only $35 and works perfectly from my recliner. How close would you need to be to the TV with an HDMI cable to browse something to watch? And I mean browse. It takes a long time to find something worth watching on NetFlix.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Maybe they haven't arrived down under yet, either. I guess Douvie and I should both move to Kansas.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I guess Douvie and I should both move to Kansas.

Not a bad idea. New York, Chicago and Los Angeles are pretty full, but I think there's still room for you in Kansas.:D

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Maybe they haven't arrived down under yet, either. I guess Douvie and I should both move to Kansas.
Yeah I think you may be right! In some things we're a bit of a backwater down here down under! I'll have to do some homework about ChromeCast.

Update:

Oops sorry about the pun ...down here down under. I couldn't resist!

Last edited:

Paperless

Dec 20, 2012
I see that Google is advertising ChromeCast for the Christmas buying frenzy. It's still $35. I give it 2 thumbs up.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I see that Google is advertising ChromeCast for the Christmas buying frenzy. It's still $35. I give it 2 thumbs up.

It would be a very nice little "stocking stuffer". Hopefully, it's available outside of Chicago and Wichita by now.:rolleyes: