Pandigital freeze

mookiedemps

Jan 2, 2011
I did the firmware upgrade, It completed download to my sc card then I went to press power button and + sound it froze. Now I have a little Android Man on the screen with a triangle and ! sign. Can not power off. Have tried reset button, did not work, still have android man. This has been hours ago and my screen is still up. What can I do.

fran76

Dec 25, 2010
OMG! I aM in TEARS, the same JUST happened to me!!!! I did the pc update & pressed power & vol + and powered off then i got a black screen with guy on it, triangle with ! in middle :(
I now have all black screen my device isnt read on my pc (tried to re do update) & i clicked refresh a few times so i got an all black screen now that wont budge :(
please God tell me I did not blow 150 bucks!

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
If you have the white Pandigital 7" Novel.. download this firmware - SD_PDN_5_02_GE_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip

Next, remove your internal memory card from the pandigital. Use a card reader and put it on your computer. From there delete whatever firmware you have (the .zip file) and move over the new on you downloaded at SD_PDN_5_02_GE_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip. From there put the card back in, and try to flash again.

If you can't power off (by using reset) wait until the tablet draines. Hook it up to your power source, then try the Power buton + Volume Up.

Report back what happened....

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
Rather than wait till it drains, you could also pull the back and pull the battery plug for a couple minutes. Either should work, one more quick than the other is all.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
exscentric: Yep that is a way to go also. I didn't recommend that as I've heard of some people pulling out the connection and breaking the cable, which would be devistating.

atlantauser

Jan 12, 2011
This just happen to me about 30 minutes ago (Android man and Triangle with !). I was attempting to fit my white pandigital 7" color multimedia ereader into a case clearly marked for the size (and made by Pandigital). After further research realize that the black and white pandigital have different faux leather cases (they're segregated by model). Now I have no idea how to get this operating again. Does anyone know if draining the battery really works? Thanks

indiandevil

Oct 29, 2010
i pulled out the battery connector very very carefully !!! but it worked. didn't try draining it. god knows how many hours/days it may take.

elston1999

Oct 29, 2010
had the same problem with mine. i synced some comics, unplugged my usb cable and then it would not turn on. Very gently unplug the battery cable for two minutes. I used a pair of tweezers and worked it out. Plugged it back in and it is fine. What a relief. I have read that if it goes to sleep while plugged in via usb, it freezes? Don't know. Just be careful when pulling the battery!

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
Strange about freezing... I haven't had that issue. I'm glad you got it working again though :)

dragonfly556

Jan 16, 2011
Hi I'm new to the Pandigital Novel, can you download games? like angry birds? Is this a good reader? reading your posts I'm nervous, I am very computer illiterate but I love to read and like the idea that I can get new books instantly. Any tips would be greatly appreciated :).

Last edited:

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
out of the box you can't ad programs but pandigital has an open platform android that allows downloading programs, though it does not have the android apps market. There are other modifications around that allow you to do much more with the unit than read. Some of the firmwares have the Barnes and Noble software but if you choose something else there is Nook and Kindle readers as well as other readers.

There are some versions of Angry Birds that work on the pandigital (after firmware change) but the text boxes are white blank squares.

Just do some snooping around and find what you want and go for it.

steve123

Jan 16, 2011
If you have the white Pandigital 7" Novel.. download this firmware - SD_PDN_5_02_GE_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip

Next, remove your internal memory card from the pandigital. Use a card reader and put it on your computer. From there delete whatever firmware you have (the .zip file) and move over the new on you downloaded at SD_PDN_5_02_GE_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip. From there put the card back in, and try to flash again.

If you can't power off (by using reset) wait until the tablet draines. Hook it up to your power source, then try the Power buton + Volume Up.

Report back what happened....

the link is dead, do you have another one? thank you.

Jan 26, 2011
O.k. guys, all you have to do is hit the reset button and it will restart, then make sure your sd card is out and restart everything. The new software is working great.